• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 gas cylinder help

simsony

Seedling
Hi everyone,

I got a CO2 cylinder from Adam's gas Refill 1.5KG CO2 Gas for Hydroponics & Aquatic Growth from Adams Gas
I tried to use it with a CO2 art regulator, that's has been working fine with a Sodastream cylinder and adapter.

However when I connect the regulator to this cylinder nothing comes out. The high pressure guage reads zero, but certainly comes up with the sodastream. So it has to be the new cylinder. I don't think it's empty.

I've attached photos of the cylinder and the outlet. I've slowly opened it without anything attached, but can't hear anything. I'm not too confident to turn it further without the regulator.

Am I supposed to remove something to release the gas (apart from just turning the knob)? I was thinking it has some other protection for storage and transport.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20210307_141718.jpg
    IMG_20210307_141718.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 203
  • IMG_20210307_142515.jpg
    IMG_20210307_142515.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 127
Last edited:
That be about correct for a full cylinder of Co2!
Have you tried opening the valve a little.....without the regulator on?
Best doing it outside as it is a loud wooosh when opened!

Hi everyone,

I got a CO2 cylinder from Adam's gas Refill 1.5KG CO2 Gas for Hydroponics & Aquatic Growth from Adams Gas
I tried to use it with a CO2 art regulator, that's has been working fine with a Sodastream cylinder and adapter.

However when I connect the regulator to this cylinder nothing comes out. The high pressure guage reads zero, but certainly comes up with the sodastream. So it has to be the new cylinder. I don't think it's empty.

I've attached photos of the cylinder and the outlet. I've slowly opened it without anything attached, but can't hear anything. I'm not too confident to turn it further without the regulator.

Am I supposed to remove something to release the gas (apart from just turning the knob)? I was thinking it has some other protection for storage and transport.

Thanks.
Normally when you buy a full cylinder it will have a plastic cap over the thread. This is not only to protect the thread but distinguish full from empty. You may have been given an empty one y mistake, it does happen.

Normally when you buy a full cylinder it will have a plastic cap over the thread. This is not only to protect the thread but distinguish full from empty. You may have been given an empty one y mistake, it does happen.
Yeah mine did have a yellow one. Just unlucky I guess.

I think I'll ask for it to be weighed next time.

If you shake the bottle does it sound like there is liquid in it?
Not really. I read online that the cylinder's "tare" weight is printed on the cylinder.
This one says 2.93 KG, so it does imply it is nearly empty, if I've read the right thing. But ~0.7 kg is what a fresh sodastream cylinder is, so there supposedly is something in it still.
I went back to the sodastream for now.

Back