• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Indicator Fluid Going Pale?

Claire

Hi everyone,

I got some of the ready mixed CO2 indicator fluid from AE about a year ago. It has been stored out of light in the aquarium cupboard but is now almost clear. Has anyone else experienced this and can I just add more bromo blue to correct it?

I had a quick look on AE there and it seems that they don't sell the ready mix stuff any more - perhaps this is why?

Thanks folks :)

My ready mixed stuff actually went mouldy as well as pale blue.

Replaced with 4kdH water and separate indicator.

I think that's the stuff I got actually stu - I found my order from it and it was called 4dkh with bromo blue at the time so it's just been renamed to neutro bromo blue. Same price and stuff. Might just buy separate to be safe this time as bottle is practically full and useless. The bromo concentrate looks quite good but out of stock at the moment, as is the 1-2 grow Monte Carlo and ammania bonsai which I want to order. Pants. :)

I got that pre- mixed stuff from AE.

never worked. Not once. It was just clear water!!

So I just buy 4dKH water and use 5 drops from the API pH test kit- it's just Bromothymol blue.

Bin it, that's what I did

Back