• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

co2 inline reactor.

I just ordered the smaller version for my nano. Didn't receive it yet.

I won't be playing with it before end september, though. And before, I'll try the atomizer to see if it is ok. If not, I'll give this reactor a try.

Unlike the AM1000, the CO2 enters on top. I think it should be modified easily by adding a pipe that runs CO2 to bottom of the reactor for better dilution. Also, it doesn't have a bleed valve sadely. Finally, the 90° angled inlet/outlet will cause some addition loss in filter column

Hi glenn
My LFS uses these on his tanks with his 'for sale' plants in them, and he puts them inside the tank with the outlet pipe feeding into the top and he leaves the bottom open just flowing directly into the tank.
Personally, I think they are ugly inside a tank and they would drive me nuts watching the bio balls spinning around all day :lol: , although in all fairness, they seem to diffuse the CO2 really well as he hardly has any bubbles coming out of the bottom and his plants look healthy enough, although he is using low light.

Chris

glenn said:
but its for a external filter, so how can it go inside the tank?
You can plug your external filter into the filter inflow.
I say that it's an internal as others have found that out and it's provided with suction cups.
In addition, I wouldn't trust the filter tube joins outside the tank as there doesn't seem to be anything to hold the tube on.
I guess you could have it externally but it's intended for use inside the aquarium.

Thank you superman,

I will give a feedback when I receive mine, hopefully by the end of the week. It could run very well with hose clamps (vendor answered me the small version was 12/16mm tubing). Again, I'll just toss some silicone on the CO2 connection to be sure.

About suction cups, many external glass material is provided with suction cups to fit on outside glass, so it does mean nothing on its own

I had a smaller one of these and it just leaked like crazy, all over the place. I gave it to SteveUK to have a play with. It would make a lot of sense if it were meant to be inside the tank as the leaking wouldn't really matter.
Good luck with it, i hope it's better than mine was!

well now im thinking about making my own, and reading a few threads about how to make one.

ohh cool, what was the perspex tight for? could you PM me and tell me how you made it and where to get what? :D thanks.

Dan Crawford said:
I had a smaller one of these and it just leaked like crazy, all over the place. I gave it to SteveUK to have a play with. It would make a lot of sense if it were meant to be inside the tank as the leaking wouldn't really matter.
Good luck with it, i hope it's better than mine was!

Bad news so :( It could be my last order from any of these asian discounts
It leaked in hose inserts or all the stuff leaks from every where?

Hi,

I just received the reactor. Indeed, it will leak every where. Both extremities are removable, but nothing is done to made them waterproof. I see it like an advantage though, as it can be easily cleaned. Soldering with silicone or some superglue would make it fully waterproof.

It will need some clamping on CO2 hose too. However, the lack of a bleeding valve can cause difficulties to bleed it when canister is maintained as air from canister would accumulate. I'll try to mod a bleeding valve so. It won't be hard, just need to be CO2 proof. Any idea on such a valve? Overall, the unit, for its price, is a great deal once modded. I'll feedback once in water, in some weeks though

Meanwhile, if someone can link me to a CO2 bleed valve...

Back