• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 issues

Danlacey1988

So I have one of these co2 tropica kits I know its rather simple but was wondering if there was anyway I could improve it to get more co2 in the tank it's working but really slow at defusing into the water colum I guess
I see people say about flow rate

Hi Dan
Have you tried placing the diffuser next to your filter outflow? So that the water coming out from your filter hits the bubbles and pushes them around your aquarium.
Cheers

It's one of these basic things
I don't know if it would work

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210506-200506_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210506-200506_Samsung Internet.jpg
    650.3 KB · Views: 122
This is an entry level system that does not allow you to control the CO2 injection rate. If you want some degree of control then you need to upgrade to a system with a regulator valve and with a proper CO2 diffuser.

Flow rate measures water movement in liters/hour. It is used to measure the water circulation inside the tank (for example, the flow provided by a circulation pump), or the amount of water being circulated through the filters. In a tank with CO2 injection, you should aim at a flow rate of at least 5x the total water volume, ideally 10x. However, higher flow rates also increase surface agitation and gas exchange. So, if you increase the flow rate and keep using this CO2 system you might actually end up with less CO2 in the tank than you have now...

Back