• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Nipples

Behold

Where can i get brass ones that i can mount in to my gravel vac reactor????

I've used the 4mm metal airline taps (half way down on this page) that can screw into a tight fitting plastic hole. Add plenty of araldite or sealant and job done.

Is the araldite glue going to be safe?????

Safe in what way? If you mean chemically in the water then yes, it's fine. I've used it in my tanks for years on fittings. Just let it cure for a day or so first.

If you mean leak-wise then it's only as good as the way you apply it! If you're worried then you can use a sealant such as Gold Label pond sealant which is completely safe and will even cure under water. It won't set solid like araldite though.

Cool I always stock araldite so that would help... next issues is a 17mm gravel vac!!

No probs.

So what /where are you getting your other bits from???

A couple of pics (apologies for the low light):

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

I'm using 40mm solvent-weld fittings that I bought from Screwfix. Instead of introducing the CO2 from the top, I think I'll introduce it from the side with another T-peice in the middle, and will have a bleed valve in the top instead of the CO2 inlet, like this:

IMAG0214.jpg

The reactor will also act as an in-line heater too.

I'm waiting for delivery of some 40mm clear acrylic pipe.

I just hope it works effectively!

Hope that helps.

Back