• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Pressurised System

kellyboy47

Hi,
I am thinking of taking the plunge and buying a CO2 pressurised setup but need some guidance as what to get. I have a Juwel Vision 180 planted tank and have only been using ferts from AquariumPlantFood together with EasyCarbo and although I have been reasonably pleased with the results I wondered whether going the CO2 route will give me better results.
I will post a photo of my tank to see what you experts out there think lol :oops:
My main concern obviously is the cost, whether there is a noticeable rise in energy consumption by having a CO2 system and whether these systems are noisy as 'er indoors' wont be too happy if she cant hear the TV or the electricity bills go up !! lol :D
Joking aside if anybody has any equipment they want to sell or purely just give me guidance I would extremely grateful
Thanks
Trev

Current.jpg

Noise first, You may hear a click when the solenoid goes on or off. As for electricity cost's, a timer unit and a solenoid valve won't be making a noticeable difference.

If you are still running the internal filter then upgrading this area would also be a good move, especially with pressurized co2.

spyder said:
Noise first, You may hear a click when the solenoid goes on or off. As for electricity cost's, a timer unit and a solenoid valve won't be making a noticeable difference.

If you are still running the internal filter then upgrading this area would also be a good move, especially with pressurized co2.

Just to add... the reason Spyder says about upgrading the filter is that invariably those juwel internals, whilst good as filters, do not have much flow and with pressurised co2 you need reasonably flow to circulate it to all areas of the tank. Of course, you can overcome this by adding a powerhead like a korallia :)

Still looking for anyone who has a spare 2KG FE or equivalent cylinder to sell and any other bits and bobs to setup a CO2 system ?

Hi,

Did you manage to find any bits that you might want to sell ?

Trev

malawistu said:
I may have some bits at home I'll let you know when I can have a look

Sent from my miPhone using my fingers

Hi,

Is it full or empty and what capacity is it ? The other thing I need to know is how tall it stands as I need to house it in the aquarium cabinet :D Oh the othing is how much do you want for it and where are you based ?

malawistu said:
found this
d0166692.jpg

Have decided to get a empty 2Kg FE so if anyone knows where I might obtain one in the Essex area I would be most grateful for any ideas

Have you looked on Ebay at all ? Took me about 3 minutes to find this one....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-2-KIL...xtinguishers&hash=item2eb9c1b1a1#ht_500wt_851

I did it by using the criteria and setting it to find "CO2 fire extinguisher" and then set location to within 75 miles of a chelmsford post code.

You could do the same using your own post code :)

SAM or DAN C (if you read this), do you know if charged FE's can be sent by courier ? Would it matter if the horn was attached or not ? I don't see why it would but thought I would raise the question.

Ah right...so it seems that my last addition to my post is now not deemed to be a 'Wanted' item :? ....strange I must have missed something in translation...
and yes I have looked on EBay.....I may be a novice when it comes to CO2 but I have been an EBay member for the past 11 years so think I have enough experience to find my way around EBay :rolleyes: ...anyway I am after an empty FE or have I got the wrong end of the stick. I thought that if I bought a full or even part filled FE it would have to be discharged first before using it for an aquarium :!:

kellyboy47 said:
Ah right...so it seems that my last addition to my post is now not deemed to be a 'Wanted' item :? ....strange I must have missed something in translation...
and yes I have looked on EBay.....I may be a novice when it comes to CO2 but I have been an EBay member for the past 11 years so think I have enough experience to find my way around EBay :rolleyes: ...anyway I am after an empty FE or have I got the wrong end of the stick. I thought that if I bought a full or even part filled FE it would have to be discharged first before using it for an aquarium :!:

I was only trying to help you re using Ebay since you seemed to be asking for advice on where to find CO2 FE's near you. Or did I get the wrong end of the stick too !? :lol:

As I said to you before, some people seem to ship them without being discharged. Why not ask the vendor the question ? They would be best suited to answer.

Oh well...hey ho.....thought this forum was to help budding young aquascapers like me ;) learn the intricacies of planted aquaria but yep got that wrong as well !!...mind you if anyone needs advice on buying or repairing PC's then I'm your man :)...I'll take the last comment about 'offending someone with 11 years EBay experience' as tongue in cheek...TOWIE

kellyboy47 said:
Oh well...hey ho.....thought this forum was to help budding young aquascapers like me ;) learn the intricacies of planted aquaria but yep got that wrong as well !!...mind you if anyone needs advice on buying or repairing PC's then I'm your man :)...I'll take the last comment about 'offending someone with 11 years EBay experience' as tongue in cheek...TOWIE

You asked a question on where to get CO2 in Essex, and it was answered trying to help you. I have also sent you several PM's in answer to your questions on CO2. Then you make the sarcastic remark about being all experienced on Ebay. It seems that we cannot help you either way. Offer help and it gets attitude. And from someone with only 33 posts. This is a friendly forum and wherever possible people will help out. But I suggest you re read your comments, because you seem to be getting quite irritated where people are trying to help you.

Sam moved this thread because he thought it was moving away from a specific sales/wanted ad to a discussion about CO2 and sourcing the products you require in general. If you were not happy you could have PMd him and ask him to reinstate it rather than making the comment that you did.

Good luck with your setup.

Antipofish said:
Then you make the sarcastic remark about being all experienced on Ebay. It seems that we cannot help you either way. Offer help and it gets attitude. And from someone with only 33 posts. This is a friendly forum and wherever possible people will help out.
Not quite sure why post count comes in to it Antipofish?

Anyway, back to the "friendly forum" stuff ;)

This place does fire extinguishers, http://www.reliablefireprotectionservic ... ioxide.htm
It's in Leigh-On-Sea which hopefully is local for you! Although it doesn't have the prices on the website so it would be worth giving them a call.
Hope this helps!

PS: Not trying to have a dig Antipo, just curious :)

Thanks for the info Callum...rang the company and they can do a 2Kg for £55 or a 5kg for £65 and then £20 each refill...does that sound about right ?

Back