• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 problem...a bit confused?

curefan

Hi,
Im using the Up Atomizer on the out pipe on an Eheim 2180 going to a spray bar. It has been great until now!!!

I have 2 of these so while one is being cleaned, i use the other. The last few days when my timer switches on the co2, and the co2 does not come out the spray bar. The solenoid is working and there is co2 going into the atomizer. To get it to work i have to depressurize the co2 line before the solenoid until the gauges read zero bar and connect it on again and then it works! :crazy:

Any ideas what might be happening?? (i did chane to a new fire extinguisher recently as the one I was using before was empty, but this should not make any difference)

Thanks, Dave.

Try soaking the atomiser in bleach overnight. I know it sounds mad, but it worked for me. Mine was not working, and blew my bubble counter up with the over load of co2 pressure. I soaked it then also took a bit of blue mechanical filter material on a string, and ran it through the tube a few times, also make sure you rinse it out well to avoid bleach in your tank.

Hope that helps.

R

fleabilly said:
Try soaking the atomiser in bleach overnight. I know it sounds mad, but it worked for me. Mine was not working, and blew my bubble counter up with the over load of co2 pressure. I soaked it then also took a bit of blue mechanical filter material on a string, and ran it through the tube a few times, also make sure you rinse it out well to avoid bleach in your tank.

Hope that helps.

R

Thanks, but i have already done this.

Hi Dave
As posted on varies threads...the UP Atomiser needs a working pressure of approx 2 bar to run.
If your regulator doesn't cut the mustard you can start getting problems.
I have got this atomiser to run at 1.7 bar when it was new.
Have you installed a check valve on the Co2 tubing just before it enters the atomiser?
Clive...gives a great explanation why :arrow: http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24511
Make sure you have decent flow through your filter also.
Cheers
hoggie

hogan53 said:
Hi Dave
As posted on varies threads...the UP Atomiser needs a working pressure of approx 2 bar to run.
If your regulator doesn't cut the mustard you can start getting problems.
I have got this atomiser to run at 1.7 bar when it was new.
Have you installed a check valve on the Co2 tubing just before it enters the atomiser?
Clive...gives a great explanation why :arrow: http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24511
Make sure you have decent flow through your filter also.
Cheers
hoggie

Yeah Hoggie, I have a check valve before the Atomiser....does it matter how far back it is??

My pressure is about 1.8 bar and has ran fine for the last year. Filter flow is also at a max.
Are there certain brands of regulators that would give me a higher working pressure, in case all else fails :?:

Thanks for the input everybody :thumbup:

Dave.

Hi
I have mine about 8 inches back from the UP atomiser.
Adjustable working pressure regulators, are what most members here run UP atomisers with.
I have JBL regulators which some models are adjustable.
If the atomiser is not running as well as when new, try soaking it in household bleach/water over night.
Sometimes its better to purchase a new one if your regulator is right on the borderline regarding the working pressure.
Cheers
hoggie

Back