• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 question

Fisher2007

So my new tank has been running for the best part of 4 weeks and this is the first time I've used CO2 on a planted tank. It's approx. 220-250 litres

Right now I'm running a 2kg bottle (well 5kg when full) with a CO2art SE dual regulator into an inline diffuser

The question I have is how much notice of when the bottle needs changing will I have? The pressure at the moment is about 700psi (I'm at work as I type but from what I recall) and it shows on the dual regulator that 500psi and below is in the red section. I'm therefore wondering if the reduction in CO2 will be a slow wind down or will it get to a point and fall off a cliff? I just wanted to make sure I've got ample time to get another bottle so I don't run out

Cheers

When my co2 reg shows a drop in pressure towards 500psi I know I have a few days before the bottle needs replacing. I never seem to let the bottle empty completely as I worry it'll run out mid photoperiod and I won't be home, therefore I let the pressure drop so far and then I change it.

Bottles are constant pressure so will stay at full forever (psi dependant on room temp). Then one day fall to 500 and reduce gradually from there (quickly compared to before)

This will be a warning in that you are gonna have to have another bottle lined up. You can let it go to zero no probs then change with your reg.

Thanks all. Pretty much what I thought. I'll get a spare now and then always have one so I'm bot caught out at any time

Back