• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Reactor UK sellers?

I'll wait for you to figure out how to DIY an air purge on the top!
There is an article at the Barr Report about adding dual venturi to the CO2 reactors! Maybe that can be modded into this one!

There is an article at the Barr Report about adding dual venturi to the CO2 reactors! Maybe that can be modded into this one!

So am I understanding this correctly - the gas build up escapes out of the tube at the top, and re-enters the reactor inlet pipe further up?

So am I understanding this correctly - the gas build up escapes out of the tube at the top, and re-enters the reactor inlet pipe further up?
That's the idea, you create a loop so that the water pressure then brings it back down into the reactor until it's dissolved and prevents the bubble build up! How well that works, no idea!

That's the idea, you create a loop so that the water pressure then brings it back down into the reactor until it's dissolved and prevents the bubble build up! How well that works, no idea!

It might also be worth adding a length of rigid tube to the CO2 inlet inside the reactor, so the bubbles are released near the bottom of the reactor rather than the top (I can't see one in the images, so assume it doesn't come with one?).

It might also be worth adding a length of rigid tube to the CO2 inlet inside the reactor, so the bubbles are released near the bottom of the reactor rather than the top (I can't see one in the images, so assume it doesn't come with one?).
I did think of that, I did not have anything suitable at the time to do that, I just wanted to extend it as far as the water inlet, so the flow would hit the bubble head on and break it against the cylinder into smaller bubbles straight away!

Some smaller CO2 bubbles still escape the reactor at times into the tank.

Ditto 😂

I'll wait for you to figure out how to DIY an air purge on the top! 😜

My purge will be similar to the one I had on my APS EF2 reactors - just undo the pipe fitting a bit ;). The collected air soon goes anyway.

Plus thinking using the CO2 inlet for the feed for the Pre reactor venturi, so a 'T' off that could be used the release air also. Was going to have the CO2 going into same tubing also.

My purge will be similar to the one I had on my APS EF2 reactors - just undo the pipe fitting a bit ;). The collected air soon goes anyway.

Plus thinking using the CO2 inlet for the feed for the Pre reactor venturi, so a 'T' off that could be used the release air also. Was going to have the CO2 going into same tubing also.
Need to see how you do this ;)

Looks like the vortex created in the middle is holding the larger bubbles in suspension well - I'm wondering how it would cope at a higher injection rate though.
injection rate is much higher now, cannot even count the bubbles, I will do a new video at the weekend with the unit working as normal now!

After increasing the CO2 a little more it has become a little noise now as a larger bubble seems to be building up so not disolving the CO2 quick enough, have to wait for @Zeus. venturi solution ;)

Hi paulo hows things, just wondering how the the reactor is going ? Inam really fancying one soon as hate the mist from the inline diffusers.

Anyone else using them and as mentioned earlier how much flow is lost or does it depend on the reactor ? Also can it not be placed on the inlet as bubbles so small.

Also agree with above a lot more seem to be using them on YouTube, seen yesterday mj aquascaping using on on his new tank.

Thanks dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Hi paulo hows things, just wondering how the the reactor is going ? Inam really fancying one soon as hate the mist from the inline diffusers.
I added a little tube inside the reactor, so the bubbles drop a little further down rather than build up at the top and since then I haven't had any more noise in the reactor, so that seems to be doing the trick. It's nice to finally have consistent CO2 in my tank without having to clean diffusers every week, my tank has never pearled so much every day, and all my algae issues have disappeared just by changing to the reactor (since I haven't done a water change in two weeks, will do one tomorrow).

I added a little tube inside the reactor, so the bubbles drop a little further down rather than build up at the top and since then I haven't had any more noise in the reactor, so that seems to be doing the trick. It's nice to finally have consistent CO2 in my tank without having to clean diffusers every week, my tank has never pearled so much every day, and all my algae issues have disappeared just by changing to the reactor (since I haven't done a water change in two weeks, will do one tomorrow).
I think i am going to order one of them, sounds great, i have seen a few vids on YouTube with same reactor, they angled the flow straight into the co2 inlet and seemed to work well, only thing i am worried about is reducing the flow.

I currently have the oase 600 buy want to upgrade soon to the lager 850 when i rescape buy reactors seem to be getting popular due to no mist in the tank also they seem to do a better job of dissolving the co2 into the water column, any pics of it attatched inside the cabinet mate ?

I was origionally thinking could it not be on the inlet side but i know know needs the strong flow to break againt the co2 bubbles entering the reactor

If ordered one of these now lookomg.forward to it arriving then if flow no good maybe add a 2nd smaller filter or upgrade mine when rescape

If ordered one of these now lookomg.forward to it arriving then if flow no good maybe add a 2nd smaller filter or upgrade mine when rescape
Didn't notice a flow reduction per se, hard to tell at times, but my filter is rated at 1850lph anyway!

Arrived yesterday, couldn't sleep so installed in the early hours, into the juwel Rio 125 with eheim classic 350 12/16 pipework and DIY spraybar.

No modifications to the reactor, and the co2 entry inside was already lined up with the flow into the reactor. Doesn't seem to be making any additional noise to what the filter makes already. No noticeable flow reduction.

I have a slight leak on the pipe (filter out to reactor in) but I believe that's down to the crappy piece of pipe I've had to use. I'll source a length of better 12/16 later today or tomorrow.

Co2 comes on at 9am, lights on 12:00... I'll see what the dropchecker has to say :)

What size tube did you need to use? I'm not seeing any bubbles inside the reactor so would like to add a down tube just for that visual verification.
Thanks

EDIT: I found I drinking straw that fitted nicely. Unfortunately, with a pice of straw in place, I couldn't bleed the air out so I've reverted back to no co2 tube inside the reactor.

Last edited:
Well after all that... the solenoid failed on my regulator. Have another one ordered but probably won't arrive until after the weekend.
In the meantime, I realised that I have sugar and yeast available, so I made a quick diy co2 generator and have hooked that up to the Chinese reactor.

Back