• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Reactor UK sellers?

EDIT: I found I drinking straw that fitted nicely. Unfortunately, with a pice of straw in place, I couldn't bleed the air out so I've reverted back to no co2 tube inside the reactor.
I had something lying around that fitted, not sure what it was from. but I have notice that the bubbles no longer come out the bottom of the tube but rather escape to the sides of it at the top, I used a very smaller diameter tube, but since that forces out much smaller bubbles now, it seems to work even better lol so I am leaving it like that at the moment. (sorry late reply)

@LondonDragon Was it easy to setup? I'm thinking to get one but I have no idea how and can't see any videos on YouTube, unless I'm searching for the wrong thing?
There isn't much to it to be honest, for the first time ever I don't have any CO2 problems in my tank, pearling every day, no more cleaning of diffusers either. I did notice a reduction in flow but my filter is rated at 1850lph so not much to be honest, not sure how it will affect slower filters or how efficient it will be on slower flows.

There is a video on post #5 CO2 Reactor UK sellers?

Oh yeah, and no more algae!!

With my quick improv sugar/yeast co2 going into the reactor, I'm getting a pale green d/c, despite not being able to see any bubbles in the reactor.

To purge the air out, just remove the co2 pipe and the air starts getting pushed out of the co2 inlet. You can control how quickly that happens but screwing in or out the valve Once done (IE water starts coming out), screw in the valve, then reattach co2 pipe. Then open the valve again.

Mine turned up today
1627377320112.png

They seem a flimsy, but should be fine, will have a play with them soon.

Mine is turning green, will need a clean soon, but CO2 has been perfect since I have been using it, no algae in sight now for the first time ever :)

Mine is turning green, will need a clean soon

I did clean my APS EF2 a couple of times and they was pretty clean when I did them, so stopped doing them for over 18 months and when I took them off when I moved they was still well acceptable, the dirtiest thing was the hoses inside.

Fitted them this afternoon, mainly for water leak test, no CO2 on them yet as still need to sort parts for venturi,

Made two vids of them running from first fill to show the flow though them with FX6 with and without bypass, second vid show the swirl they create that I have been after after seeing @foxfish CO2 reactor vid. Thought folks might find them insightful.

Nice videos mate :) at least you got round to making some, I have been way too lazy!! get some CO2 in there and with that amount of flow you won't need any venturi's! ;)

at least you got round to making some, I have been way too lazy!!

I've finally mastered the uploading to YouTube- Take vid on phone- lets vid sync to Chromes photos, download them to directory, open YouTube -create vid- select file to upload- YouTube does the rest, just select make them public and tick 'suitable for kids'. As for editing them and making them look better I just go with the first take as it is, just need to try and move phone slowly when taking them. Then when you watch them don't judge the sound of your own voice as it never sounds good :rolleyes:😂.

get some CO2 in there and with that amount of flow you won't need any venturi's!
Might do, not after running tank with CO2 yet as its fairly stable as low tech, need to make a new solid base with brick walls as that room can flood when the river comes up, plus the floor isn't level anyway.

I've finally mastered the uploading to YouTube- Take vid on phone- lets vid sync to Chromes photos, download them to directory, open YouTube -create vid- select file to upload- YouTube does the rest, just select make them public and tick 'suitable for kids'. As for editing them and making them look better I just go with the first take as it is, just need to try and move phone slowly when taking them. Then when you watch them don't judge the sound of your own voice as it never sounds good :rolleyes:😂.
You can upload to Youtube straight from the phone using the Youtube App ;) much easier if no editing needed, thats what I do!
Might do, not after running tank with CO2 yet as its fairly stable as low tech, need to make a new solid base with brick walls as that room can flood when the river comes up, plus the floor isn't level anyway.
sounds like it will be a while then ;) if mine floods (4th floor) then the whole of the country is in trouble! ;)

Nice videos mate :) at least you got round to making some, I have been way too lazy!! get some CO2 in there and with that amount of flow you won't need any venturi's! ;)

Got my two units last week - I reckon a venturi or something will still be required, as there such a large cavity between the top lid and the inlet. Either that, or I did wonder about cutting/sanding down the inlet spigot on the lid so you can push the clear input elbow tight up to the underside surface of the lid.

Or I wondered if you could inject the CO2 somewhere else (like the inlet hose) and use the CO2 inlet on the reactor as the venturi, with a piece of tubing inside, looping up to the surface of the lid?

You can upload to Youtube straight from the phone using the Youtube App ;) much easier if no editing needed, thats what I do!

That's what I do, it's fairly straight forward, even for a video-phobe like me! lol

I wondered if you could inject the CO2 somewhere else (like the inlet hose) and use the CO2 inlet on the reactor as the venturi,

I plan to have the twin CO2 going straight into the Venturi CO2 feed, cant see a good reason why it would not work!

1627545681088.png

Single venturi for both CO2 reactors so both will be working when one or both CO2 injection is on.

I plan to have the twin CO2 going straight into the Venturi CO2 feed, cant see a good reason why it would not work!

View attachment 172404

Single venturi for both CO2 reactors so both will be working when one or both CO2 injection is on.

I guess you'd have to try it to be sure, but I'd wonder is the pressure from the gas inlet would stop the venturi from drawing the gas out of the reactor?

Why not just use something like this further up the hose to inject the CO2?:

s-l1600.jpg

but I'd wonder is the pressure from the gas inlet would stop the venturi from drawing the gas out of the reactor?

Once the CO2 enters the tubing they will be at the same pressure, adding another inlet further on piping will only give the CO2 one extra journey in the pipework to the reactor, whereas the venturi has the CO2 constantly circulating until it is all dissolved, so I don't think an extra inlet will make much if any difference, plus more joints more chances of leaks and cost.
connectors for the CO2 tubing is cheap and easy one four way junction, one tee will be all that I need and the bespoke venturi
1627549013548.png

Once the CO2 enters the tubing they will be at the same pressure, adding another inlet further on piping will only give the CO2 one extra journey in the pipework to the reactor, whereas the venturi has the CO2 constantly circulating until it is all dissolved, so I don't think an extra inlet will make much if any difference, plus more joints more chances of leaks and cost.
connectors for the CO2 tubing is cheap and easy one four way junction, one tee will be all that I need and the bespoke venturi
View attachment 172412

Fair enough - can you post here when you have it working. Keen to see it in action 👍🏻

Got round to making my venturi, lucky for my @Andrew Butler gave me loads of fittings (many thanks again Andrew) which did the trick 1/2 bit of tubing and fittings from 1/2 inch thread to 20mm connectors drilled a 6.5mm hole and a dab of solvent cement.
1628451663145.png

Think the 6mm push fit adaptor will work well, filed a little chamfer to one side of adaptor/venturi inlet
1628451783059.png

1628451894526.png

Need a few 25mm fittings and should be good to go :thumbup:

Looks good.
You could just drill a 4.5mm hole and pull some 6mm silicone tube through the hole?

You used to be able to buy very neat 1/2” 3/4 and 1” venturies from the big marine stores, they had been optimised with cone shaped waist, made from injection moulding, complete with screw end fittings.
Another way as I remember is to heat a piece of pipe and stretch it out so the middle part contracts into a lovely taper Edit I found a picture ….

Attachments

• 7D9BB40A-5FCD-4B18-A48A-A85189BEA09E.jpeg
    7D9BB40A-5FCD-4B18-A48A-A85189BEA09E.jpeg
    216.2 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Back