• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Reactor UK sellers?

Does the flow impact the noise at all? I was watching a video by Green Aqua a while back and they mentioned you normally need far more flow to run these correctly.
I'm planning on running one in a sumped system with a 3500 lph pump (not necessarily running full blast) and was hoping for a relatively quiet system.

Mine are 1500lph. I think @Zeus ran a couple on FX6’s which are 3500lph but I recall he had bypass’s and all sorts of lovely stuff. Maybe he can comment!

Here's some feedback for you all. Not very positive.
1. Noise. It's interesting to hear the noise but I am sure in a week time I'll be deeply annoyed by this;
2. Less efficient combo. In my case the efficiency has decreased and I see plenty of tiny bubbles leaving the reactor. PH drop is slower. My flow rate is somewhere ~800 L/hr which is not that much, so people not seing any bubble whatsoever probably have a much lower flow rate in the reactor (either canister is slower or bypass in place). I don't think I want to sacrifice my flow rate with this reactor for better dissolution. I would either need to put that reactor on a separate loop with its own pump or switch back to my DIY reactor (which is probably what is going to happen). Another reason for these tiny bubbles being created is my venturi. I used a rather small tube size which is probably breaking CO2 a lot.

Some pics for the posterity. Don't mind the home made deflector and teflon. You got to do with what you have!
View attachment 176284 View attachment 176285

@Wookii I made a video some time ago.

Last edited:
I don't have a second Co2 pipe that goes into the water, it just comes out the top.

The sound is caused by the spinning vortex of water sucking in some air bubbles, which then spin around inside the reactor. It's not offensive but definitely audible and I like my systems silent.

Would the Yidao CO2 reactor be an option for a 54 litres aquarium running a OASE Biomaster 250 Thermo filter ?
It would be totally over the top in my opinion. An inline diffuser would be a much better option.

Also, I am not sure that filter would handle the extra effort of pushing water through the reactor too well, as the Oase filters already have flow that drops off quite quickly.

The sound is caused by the spinning vortex of water sucking in some air bubbles, which then spin around inside the reactor. It's not offensive but definitely audible and I like my systems silent.
Since I added the little tube on the CO2 inflow inside the reactor so the bubbles drop down half way down the reactor, it has been pretty much silent! I did try the venturi also to suck the bubbles at the top of the reactor back into the water inflow but that made it very noisy so I have removed that again.

Afternoon all,

I ordered myself a reactor and first impressions are quite good.
Build quality looks reasonable to me.

I am also getting the build up of gas at the top of the reactor and every now and then get a rush of bubbles up and outlet and into the tank.

I am going to order a peice of stainless steel tube to fit inside the reactor and force the co2 bubbles lower into the reactor.
As for a vortex.. I cant see much happening inside the reactor, is this because my flow is too low?

Thanks

Chris

As for a vortex.. I cant see much happening inside the reactor, is this because my flow is too low?
how low are we talking? my tank filter is pretty small (eheim 2213 440lph)
has anyone tried this reactor with a lower flow? thanks!

Interestingly mine seems to be less efficient.. I'm turning co2 on 6 hours before lights with a high bubble count (can't count per second). Anyone else experience this?

Interestingly mine seems to be less efficient.. I'm turning co2 on 6 hours before lights with a high bubble count (can't count per second). Anyone else experience this?
for me CO2 has been stable since I installed it, I do not have a bubble counter or drop checker, I just see all plants pearling away like crazy and no algae in sight so I leave as is ;)

I added both (bubble counter and drop checker. I aim for a decent shade of green come lights on but am experiencing hair algae.. as I'm led to believe its normally a co2 issue I continue on this route for now

Yep, that's the plan. Perception is everything.. maybe loads to me is not enough.
I do prefer the reactor, it's just trial and error to get it working spot on
Did take me a while to adjust it and get it right, but since then I just forget it's there (apart from the once a month cleaning), having to clean diffusers every week was a pain!

This happened to me , after running ok for six months I had to start upping the bubble count then eventually found a leak from a crack next to the CO2 inlet.
It might just be CO2 finding its way past the gasket have you tried the soapy water test?

This happened to me , after running ok for six months I had to start upping the bubble count then eventually found a leak from a crack next to the CO2 inlet.
It might just be CO2 finding its way past the gasket have you tried the soapy water test?
Thanks for the advice, yes I tried this after previously having thar issue on a bubble counter.

I'm using this on a 90H tank so it could just be me forgetting the additional water volume as apposed to my 45H or other smaller aquariums.

I will update after a week to see what's happening

Back