• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Reccomendations

Douglas Mason

Hi,

I'm in the process of setting up a 200l planted tank but would like it to contain fish and possibly some shrimps.

I am looking to do EI dosing and was initially going to use so called Liquid CO2 as this was recommended to me as being easy to use whilst I got started with the planted tank.

Having done some reading I'm having second thoughts as I have read that liquid CO2 can harm fish, shrimps and some plants cannot grow when using it.

Can you run a suitable planted tank with fish and shrimps using 'Liquid CO2' or is it best to take the plunge straight away and go to a pressurised CO2 system.

I've been looking at the complete kits from CO2Art and some of the kits seem to be reasonably priced. If getting a CO2 kit can anyone recommend what type of kit is best to get and is a solenoid required to turn off the CO2 at lights out.

Is CO2 ok to use when you go away as I'm away a few times a year for two weeks at a time.

Thanks for any input into this as I seem to be doing a bit of a 'U' turn, I'm just trying to get as much information as possible so I spend my money wisely on the correct equipment.

Doug

I have read that liquid CO2 can harm fish

CO2 can kill all your livestock easy if you overdose the tank, same for LCO2

Can you run a suitable planted tank with fish and shrimps using 'Liquid CO2' or is it best to take the plunge straight away and go to a pressurised CO2 system.

Yes plants grow fine with LCO2 but better/faster with injected CO2 as you can use more intense light without melting the plants

I've been looking at the complete kits from CO2Art and some of the kits seem to be reasonably priced. If getting a CO2 kit can anyone recommend what type of kit is best to get and is a solenoid required to turn off the CO2 at lights out.

Complete system is best bet, coming on 2hrs before lights on and off 1hr before lights off (approx)

Is CO2 ok to use when you go away as I'm away a few times a year for two weeks at a time.

Yes as long as you dont run out of CO2, been away for 2-4weeks on holidays

co2 art have been great for support and guidance. plenty of videos on you tube for help and support too.

i am really happy with my purchase.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, I've purchased and received the CO2Art kit. I'll sort out bottled co2 in the next week or two as their is a supplier nearby.

Thanks again

Doug

Back