• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 recommendation

Douglas Mason

Hi,

I'm sure this question has been asked before but I cant find it.

I'm in the process of setting up a new 200l planted tank, something I've not done before, I'm getting rid of the internal filter that came with the tank and I'm going to fit an external filter.

I was told to use the so called 'liquid Carbon / Glut' as it's easier and works out cheaper than pressurised CO2.

I would like to know if it's best to use a pressurised CO2 system or will the liquid CO2 work.

If using a pressurised system can anyone recommend a good system to buy. Can you also use an in-line diffuser rather than having it on show in the tank.

If liquid CO2 is fine to use which one or would you make your own using Glut.

Thanks for any advice

Doug

I was told to use the so called 'liquid Carbon / Glut' as it's easier and works out cheaper than pressurised CO2.

liquid Carbon (LCO2) is useful but no way as good as CO2 injection

best to use a pressurised CO2 system

:thumbup: or use both many do

If using a pressurised system can anyone recommend a good system to buy

A duel stage reg from a decent suppler is best, but single stage reg from a decent suppler still good - just need to be careful when CO2 cylinder gets low as you can get an end of cylinder dump of CO2 which can be fatal to livestock. Depends on your budget OFC I would get a 2Kg old fire extinguisher (FE) pay about £20 or a 6.5KG refillable cylinder from a local supplier I pay £18 for 6.5Kg refill

Back