• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 refill/price

GHNelson

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Hi all
I took my new JBL 500 gram cylinder to be re-filled at a well known aquatics centre.
Now here is a laugh,the assistant replies [we exchange cylinders with a full one] very good i said.
I am off to look at some new tubing be back in a few minutes,duly get what i am after, goes up to the counter and sees this cylinder that's been through the wars. :crazy:
I was a bit peeved by this but a accepted it anyway.Here's the best bit £16.61 for an exchange rip off i feel.
I can buy a disposable 500 gram for £15.99 which doesn't help the environment at all. :thumbdown:
You live and learn.
You got to laugh.
hoggie

Yes, avoid any aquatic brand product. Get your cylinders and regulators from gas companies, it will be so much cheaper. I get a 10Kg CO2 cansiter for the price of a 2Kg one I buy in aquatic shop. Also, for the price of a crappy Dennerle regulator, I get a 2 stage regulator + an Ideal needle valve

Hi hoggie
jonny_ftm said:
Yes, avoid any aquatic brand product.
Couldn't agree more. Their prices are extortionate.
I was in my LFS today and they wanted £68 for 2kg cylinder :wideyed:
I think I'll stick to getting my 2kg FE's refilled by my local fire safety place for £15 :D . (Now that I've got a spare)

Chris.

chrisr01 said:
Couldn't agree more. Their prices are extortionate.
I was in my LFS today and they wanted £68 for 2kg cylinder :wideyed:
I think I'll stick to getting my 2kg FE's refilled by my local fire safety place for £15 :D . (Now that I've got a spare)

Chris.
You may want to haggle a bit, I get mine for £6. :thumbup:

chrisr01 said:
And I thought I got mine cheap :lol:
What county are you in then?

Chris
UK. Norfolk to be precise. I use a company called Flame Skill, it's best to go round to the local fire safety places imho. Lets face it C02 isn't an expensive gas (comparatively) and for fire saftey companies it only takes 2 mins of someones time to fill a 2kg, 5kg or whatever bottle.

Hi guys, i just picked up a co2 bottle cant remember what the weight is, but it stands about 2 feet tall and is between 6 and 7 inches in diameter. Anyhoo, it cost me £13.80 from a place called Keygas near Wrexham, if thats any help.

Hi guys, if the places you use for refills aren't on the refill list then can you add them to the thread for me (and anyone else in your area who might like to make use of them)

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4612

Cheers
Helen

Back