• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 refills - West Yorkshire

AAB

I have just started injecting CO2 and am thinking ahead of when I will need to refill my cylinder. Anybody know anywhere in West Yorkshire that do CO2 refills at a reasonable price? I have been told that maidenhead aquatics at carrgate garden centre charges around £20 for a 500g JBL bottle, is that the going rate?

Hi there
I get my co2 from Flamstop in Bradford.I did get my extinguishers from them so they will refill them at cost which works out at about £20 for a 2kg.I don't now of anywhere that refills JBL bottles though.You could give Harrogate aquatics a ring,they are Dennerle stockists and sell the complete kits.

The place is Ossett is called Interfish but they only do refills for TMC bottles. How much do hydraponica charge for 500g JBL refill?

Just do a search for some fire saftey businesses round your area - they should refill them if they are in date. £20 seems a bit expensive for a refill though...

skeletonw00t said:
Just do a search for some fire saftey businesses round your area - they should refill them if they are in date. £20 seems a bit expensive for a refill though...

That was exactly my thought that £20 seems a bit too much.

Can I please ask a stupid question? What do you mean by 'in date'. I tried to look for a date on my JBL cylinder but couldn't see anything on it. How long are they meant to stay in date and how would I know if it's in date?

There should be like an engraving on the cylinder itself.

This will be when it was made (i believe) and as long as its within 10 years they will refill it.

Back