• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Refills...

I never pay for a refill, I just go to our local fire extinguisher supply company who will give me a free exchange every time.
They supply hundreds of businesses like banks, hotels etc. The cylinders have a certain shelf life but, the company always collect & replace them 6 months before they reach that date. I get given the old cylinder before they are decommissioned.
I once went inside their store & workshop, there were hundreds of full C02 extinguishers waiting to be emptied & decommissioned!
i do however show my gratitude by buying seasonal gifts like a couple of tins of quality street at Christmas or a couple of Easter eggs a couple of lobsters etc .... so i guess it is not really free!

I've got FE's in a similar way before.
When they replaced them at work, I got a couple of the old ones free.
It is a shame they only replace them every few years.

This looks like a useful source in Romford.
Fire Integrity
Unit C5 The Seedbed Centre
Davidson Way
Romford
Essex
RM7 0AZ

Tel: 01708 744799

Ask for refurbished units, prices quoted as follows:

2kg CO²........£21.00 inc VAT
5kg CO²........£31.20 inc VAT

It may be worth asking these places if they can 'sell on' out of date FE's - I asked the company who supplies my work about CO2 FE's and they offered to bring me in any OOD FE's that they are not legally allowed to use anymore. I think there's a regulation where they must always be 10yrs old or younger.

Chap called in last week and dropped off 2 full black 2KG CO2 FE's for nothing :) That's me in CO2 for the next 12-18months :)

foxfish said:
I never pay for a refill, I just go to our local fire extinguisher supply company who will give me a free exchange every time.
They supply hundreds of businesses like banks, hotels etc. The cylinders have a certain shelf life but, the company always collect & replace them 6 months before they reach that date. I get given the old cylinder before they are decommissioned.
I once went inside their store & workshop, there were hundreds of full C02 extinguishers waiting to be emptied & decommissioned!
i do however show my gratitude by buying seasonal gifts like a couple of tins of quality street at Christmas or a couple of Easter eggs a couple of lobsters etc .... so i guess it is not really free!

I bet a few on here wouldn't mind showing their appreciation :D ;) where do you live :wideyed:

I have rung them in the past about refilling 2-3 2kg co2 tanks but they said they could not help. I feel it is a little expensive to pay 21 as somehow the hard water in my tank goes through about 1kg of co2 in less than a month!

The OP's link is great I wish there was someone closer by who could do a refill. I might have to go down the BOC road if I can't find co2 refills near Hornchurch!

Mark Webb said:
This looks like a useful source in Romford.
Fire Integrity
Unit C5 The Seedbed Centre
Davidson Way
Romford
Essex
RM7 0AZ

Tel: 01708 744799

Ask for refurbished units, prices quoted as follows:

2kg CO²........£21.00 inc VAT
5kg CO²........£31.20 inc VAT

you could try this place.they won't refill FE's,you'd have to use their cylinders.84cm high for 6.35kg.

1x 6.35kg is £25.
2x6.35kg is £20 each.

they also want £50 deposit on each cylinder,which isn't that bad as its a one off payment.
all prices are +vat and they do free delivery to RM.

Edward,piece of fish,gets his from here.

http://www.londongases.co.uk/lgbeergas.php

Good old RM eh nelson haha :D

Cheers for this. Do they do smaller bottles? I'm using Fire integrity in romford, 2kg is 25quid.

they do 3.15kg.don't know the cost of these though,didn't ask.
if you contact them they're very helpful.let us know the cost if you do ;) .

Ill give them a call monday mate, thanks for finding this one though, I was after a local FE firm, and Fire integrity are but they charge 10quid to deliver and its only a 15minute bus away , but bottle gas isn't the most social thing to walk onto a packed bus with...

Anyway ill let you no.

Funny you know the weight when it's not actually listed on their site. ;)
Either way, that strikes me as very good value.

Hi.
In case anyone is looking for CO2 refills in Somerset then try contacting Fireshield in Radstock.

Firesheild
Unit 19 Fourth Avenue Westfield Industrial Estate Midsomer Norton
Radstock,
BA3 4XE

01761 411244

:thumbup:

Friends in Barnstaple, north Devon do co2 refills for fe but they will also do other tanks they refill my 2kg jbl tanks for £8.50

Rudi

Hey all,
Back after a lay off from my tanks and Alpha Fire Protection in Castleford, West Yorks, did me TWO 2kg FE for £10!!!
They were a bit of a bargain but he said to me he'll do a 2kg FE refill for £10 and he's a really nice bloke to boot!
01977603220 - normally goes to answer machine but he seems good at returning calls
Matt

Back