• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Refills...

Just to add to this - nipped up to get my 5kg refilled for £19 and was chatting. He says he gets loads of 2kg FE that are out of date (have to be pressure tested every 10 years and is apparently cheaper just to buy a new one) that are full - he just discharges them then sells them to scrap merchants. However he'd be happy to sell them on for AQUARIUM USE ONLY (doubly underlined in red) for £10 each - the idea being you use them like disposable cylinders (and then get £3 on the empty from the scrappers). Seems like a cheap source of gas!
Alpha Fire Protection - 07841327911

Just about to set up a planted tank and was wondering how long a 2kg cylinder might last in a 24 gal tank? Aiming to have a fully planted tank, not just a Riccia carpet :)

Will trawl the rest of the site for all other info, regulators etc. Many thanks.

Bobtastic said:
I went back to Brentex in Middleton, Manchester and they only charged me £3.50! It probably cost me more in diesel than the gas!
That's who I've just got my first cylinder and fill from. 7 pound as it's a tall one. Said it should last me ages

Hi, would just like to add that i am in the South Wales area and after alot of searching have found a place called Days Diversified in Swansea. They say that they will do the refills for £3.00 on a 2kg FE!! This is by far the cheapest i have managed to find. hope this helps!!

I saw the link for London Beer Gas above, is anyone using them and is their service good?

Any one know a good place to have a JBL 500g cyclinder refilled in S64 area South Yorkshire?

It's been nearly 12 months and I've still not found anywhere in Cornwall to refill my 2kg fire extinguishers.

Anyone know of anywhere?

if anyone lives near lightwater there is a guy who does refills for adams gas , cheap aswell :)

After much searching i have found a place which seems reasonable on price regarding refills in my area. Cambridge beers in burwell. initial cost of a 5kg cylinder is £45 which includes a £15 deposit, when you return for your first refill you get the £15 back and refills are £23 for 5kg!

Co2 Refill in Sussex Area

Cellergas
89, London Rd, Bexhill-On-Sea, East Sussex TN39 3LB T: 01424225403

£10 for 6kg No deposit

They will deliver if they already deliver to a pub near you if not your have to collect from them
Very reliable

I call them and get a next day exchange at no extra cost they will also fill your bottles if you have you own

They also supply brighton sea life center with there co2

madlan said:
Anyone found a refiller in Hertfordshire?

Here is a location for re-filling Co2 cylinders/extinguishers for the Hertfordshire area. :thumbup:
Company Sunglint
Unit 11 Boxted Farm
Berkamsted Road
Potten End
Hemel Hempstead
Hp1 1sg
Phone No 01442 255526
Re-fill,cost £6.00 a Kilo. under negotiation for larger fills.
The company Re-fill twice a week for the pub industry so ask for details when the next batch is to be done.
Contact Bob Sharples for more details.
The location is behind the Gadebridge area of Hemel Hempstead.
hoggie

Hi all,
anyone know of anywhere in Co. Durham to get c02 refills? Mine has just ran out.
I was told you need food safe c02.... but there seems to be a lot of fire extinguisher c02 being utilised here, is this ok? Is it worth trying my work fire extinguisher provider to see if they can refill c02?
Thanks,
Ady.

sussex_cichlids said:
Co2 Refill in Sussex Area

Cellergas
89, London Rd, Bexhill-On-Sea, East Sussex TN39 3LB T: 01424225403

£10 for 6kg No deposit

They will deliver if they already deliver to a pub near you if not your have to collect from them
Very reliable

I call them and get a next day exchange at no extra cost they will also fill your bottles if you have you own

They also supply brighton sea life center with there co2

Hi, do they do smaller bottles too ? What dimensions is a 6kg bottle ? Does it just link up to a normal regulator etc ? Cheers.

sussex_cichlids said:
Hi antipofish

Not sure i have my own 2kg bottles so was getting them refilled but now i just get 2x6kg from them if you give them a ring and ask them there very helpfull

Cheers. Out of interest, do you have a pic of how you have set up your rig to give me some ideas for underneath the tank ? I have a smallish cabinet that is split into two sections by a dividing board that is part of the weigh bearing structure so I cant remove it though I guess I could drill a couple of small holes to allow pipework to pass through. :)

Back