• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Refills...

Arrghhh. Just nailed my 22kg Pub Cylinder in 2 weeks due to my drop checkers inlet nozzle perishing without me noticing. :mad: Does anybody know of anywhere that will refill a "Off the radar" BOC cylinder? :shifty: I`m in Cheshire, near to Macclesfield, Crewe, and Stockport. My old man was getting my refills sorted for free (Publican) Unfortunatly he`s just retired. No more free Co2, No more free beer.....Boooo

Hi,

I 'm pretty sure they have been mentioned in here before, but I use Brentex Gas at Middleton, Manchester, M24 6AN.
They are quite cheep for gas and sell cylinders as well. They will righly check to make sure the cylinder is in test, but I can't see them worrying that it is a BOC one.

Rgs, Mike.

Cheers Mike, I had seen that at the beginning of the thread. It`s a good hour run from me though, I just wanted to see if there were any alternative options before I made the trek over there. Thanks for the input though. :thumbup:

gollum456 said:
Hi, would just like to add that i am in the South Wales area and after alot of searching have found a place called Days Diversified in Swansea. They say that they will do the refills for £3.00 on a 2kg FE!! This is by far the cheapest i have managed to find. hope this helps!!

Hi have you been back there recently as I'm thinking of popping over there sometime this week? £3 for a refill is brilliant considering I've been paying £20 odd for Fe's on ebay.

Cheers for the post

Hi all,

I rung the the local Adams gas place and they wanted an £80 deposit and £18 to fill a 20" height bottle (couldn't tell me the weight) I just wondered if anyone knew of a cheaper refillable way of getting my co2 near Peterborough?

Thanks,
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quetzalcoatl said:
Cheers Mate. Do you know if they fill BOC industrial Co2 cylinders then, or just FE`s?

I bought my two 7kg cylinders from them about a year ago and they filled them( and have re-filled them since). The cylinders are industrial ones and not FE's. I imagine they will fill anything which is "in date", but you would have to ask them.

Good luck, Mike.

London & Home Counties Fire Protection based nr Maidstone in Kent fill cylinders whilst you wait, you need to make an appointment but a 2Kg bottle is £12 and a 6Kg is £20.00. website and details can be found at http://www.lhcfp.co.uk

@ Matt1988
Fenland Fire Appliances in wisbech will refill CO2 FE's - if they are newish and in good condition, if they look "iffy" they will pressure test (£25) ONCE and certify the vessel - after that they just charge gas - £16 for a 2Kg C02 FE,
Hope that helps!

South/West Yorkshire

Sorry if this link has been posted before (haven't read all 10 pages :oops: ), but here's a South/West Yorkshire supplier...

Yorkshire CO2

Hope it helps :thumbup:

Woodlands in Northallerton, North Yorkshire, is what I use. You rent the cylinder for a one off fee (£30 i think) then it's £18 a fill - this is for a 6.35 kg.

Zayvin said:
Woodlands in Northallerton, North Yorkshire, is what I use. You rent the cylinder for a one off fee (£30 i think) then it's £18 a fill - this is for a 6.35 kg.

Thanks zayvin,
I'm from Richmond, North Yorkshire, so this is a good bit of info. Thanks :) currently paying about £8 for 500g but have to go all the way to Newton Aycliffe.

I've searched high and low for a supplier in or near Coventry with no success. My bottle can't last much longer now .....

Does anyone have any suggestions please.

JBL m602 I'm pretty sure it will be ok with a fire extinguisher.

The refillable gas bottle that came with the kit, 500g, has been running for nearly two months now - so it must be ready to run out. If I can't find any other options, disposable welding gas is available. My reg takes refillable, and disposable canisters.

My aquarium is 80 ltr so huge gas bottles aren't needed - 2kg would be fine.

tim said:
Maidenhead aquatics normally swop jbl 500 g bottle for £20 ish welding gas disposable normally £12-£16 ish depending on source and fe £20-£25 ish depending on source personally if I didn't think I would get a refill I'd definately have a spare you do have a few options mate :wave:

Thanks Tim. Unless someone with a bit of Cov local knowledge can help (for refills) - it looks like welding gas is my best option.

Ah!! I have just realised something (I think).

When I read about members using FEs - I have assumed that they get them refilled.

My 500g CO2 is looking to last > two months. So if I buy a 2.5 Kg FE - it will last maybe 10 months. Then I just buy another ..... not really expensive at all.

Back