• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Refills...

What is your CO2 source?

I've got 2 cylinders by Ista - the water plant system ones. One is 2litre the other is a 1litre.

Really annoyed that it is so difficult to get them refilled.

Posted from the comfort of my iPhone...

I've got 2 cylinders by Ista - the water plant system ones. One is 2litre the other is a 1litre.

Really annoyed that it is so difficult to get them refilled.

Bummer mate, the ista canisters are a smaller thread than the uk din477 I looked for a while to no avail when I first purchased an ista co2 kit switched to fe and jbl reg in the end.

Bummer mate, the ista canisters are a smaller thread than the uk din477 I looked for a while to no avail when I first purchased an ista co2 kit switched to fe and jbl reg in the end.

The regulator I have fits FE's - it is din477. Think you are talking about the smaller Ista disposable canisters?

Nope ista refilable still got the canister if you want it mate, couldn't get it refilled anywhere not even the place that does my fe's for me.

Ah crap... So the regulator I have doesn't fit FE's then? Regulator is this one:
abuvypy8.jpg

And the now empty CO2 canister...
apy5y4aj.jpg

Tim you been extremely helpful - appreciate it. Going to see if I can get my hands on a FE tomorrow... But til I get gas, it will be lights out over the tank;)

However I am still pretty pissed that I have 2 perfect CO2 cylinders that I can fill - and the small one was for another project.

Let's hope I can get a small FE to fit in the cabinet...

Thanks to everybody for their help so far.

Looks like it will be a FE for me. You can add these guys to the list for Colchester, Essex:

Essex and London fire alarm, intruder, CCTV dry riser.

Unit C2 The Seedbed Centre, Wyncolls Road, Severalls Industrial Park, Colchester, Essex CO4 9HT

Been quoted £15 for a 2kg FE.

Hoping to pick it up Monday lunchtime.

In hopes of getting my Ista cylinders filled, I am waiting on input from Aquajardin and Ista themselves.

Reactions: tim
And just like that I have an offer to refill my Ista cylinders - just the carriage is going to break the bank.

To go with the nice looking cylinders nobody ever sees or to go with a butt ugly FE setup... That is the question... :)

FlameSkill in Gt Yarmouth refills my 2KG FE for just £3.60, been that price for the past few refills, even has that price listed on their wall in their office.

FlameSkill in Gt Yarmouth refills my 2KG FE for just £3.60, been that price for the past few refills, even has that price listed on their wall in their office.

Same guys who will sort out my Ista cylinders :)

Hi

Some info for Cornish / SW members, I'm still hunting for somewhere down here to do refills. All I've found so far is J Gas Supplies in Perranporth.

They will only fill cylinders that they have sold, a 6.35kg cylinder is £78.80 inc vat and they will refill this size for £16.80 inc vat.

I'm still waiting for some more companies to get back to me and will update when they do.

Cheers

Well... I can't say I've had any luck...

I would say not to go to Emperor Tropicals in Plymouth for your gas as they use J Gas Supplies (as previous post) but charge £110 for a 2Kg cylinder... :thumbdown:

I've ordered a recon FE from ebay, less than 20 quid delivered. I guess I'll just buy another one when I need to rather than refilling....

Cheers

Where did you order that from ??

Sounds good to me ,

Aquator in hele torquay refill 2kg for £25 that's all I've found ...

Sent from my mobile telecommunications device

Wow, good deal for them.
I think I'll have myself 2.

Cheers Ben,
N

It'll be a long drive for you its about a hour and a half from me and i bet your about the same distance.
By the time you add petrol on top you may aswell get an "air products" or "energas" account and get it delivered

Back