• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Refills...

called in today at,

Gas and hire sheffield www.gasandhireltd.com

Gas & Hire Ltd
500 Shepcote Lane
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
S9 1UU

cost for 6.35kg CO2 cylinder is as follows:

£36.79inc Vat deposit on the cylinder Refundable (make sure you keep recipts safe)
£15.00inc Vat for the gas inside.

refills are £15.00

sadly dont have room for a cylinder that size anyone know of a supplier in south yorks that does the 3.15 kg bottles ? that would fit in my cabinet cheers.

For those that use paintball bottles in Yorkshire area : The DangerZone LTD. +44 114 266 8866 They have their own courier too. 3£ for a 20oz tank.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

they do the soda stream refills too for £5 while you wait handy if you nearby.

:clap::clap::clap:...Well done!

Been charged £16.00 for 2kg in the Hemel Hempstead area a year ago....and they think they are doing you a favour :thumbdown:...not at all.
hoggie

Nottingham folk, I've recently started getting my refills at MF Safety in Beeston. A bit pricey - £18.30 for a 2kg - and they have to send it away, but it was done in a few days and the service is good and friendly.

FSE Fire Systems on Wilford Industrial Estate, where I used to go, were a pain to deal with and made it abundantly clear that doing one-off FE refills was more trouble than it was worth to them.

thanks for the link guys I will be tacking a trip to co2firesolution as being charged 20 at a fish shop when the new cost was only 26 for to much.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

This is a cross post from "Where to get CO2 Cannisters" as I thought the following may be useful for folk in London:

Postcode E8 3DE, by dalston junction station.
Matt 07805166123
Mention UKAPS or say you want CO2 for your fish tank.

Out of guarantee full 2kg CO2 FE £5
Out of guarantee full 5kg CO2 FE £10 (limited supply)
New 2kg CO2 FE £15

I concur! The Hives in Trafford park. £5 cash for a refill on date stamped 2KG FE.

I also bought a spare brand new serviced bottle off them for £15. Valid until 2026. Now have a spare in all the time since I had a slow leak on my old regulator which meant I lost 3 months of gas in a single month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, so hobbyweld 6kg CO2. Bottle £60 deposit. Refill £25.95

Local to Banbury is

Bodicote Flyover Farm Shop
White Post Road
Banbury
OX15 4BN

phone number: 01295 270789

They are new to supplying for hobbyweld but very helpful. They currently don't have any in stock but said shouldn't be a problem and will confirm later today with me so will keep it updated.

Also 5 A's Tool & Plant are an adamsgas distributor.

3.15kg is £66 + £16.80 refill. You get £55 deposit return
6.35kg is £66 + £22.56 refill. You get a £55 deposit return (so yeah much better to go for this over the 3.15kg if you have room)
15kg is £96 + £48 refill. You get £80 deposit return
34kg is £162 + £60 refill. You get £135 deposit return (massive cylinder at 1600x240mm but if you have the room. The cost and length of time it would last

Although this is higher pay out than some are finding for FE (5kg can be had for £50 ish online) I would suggest people look to see who supplies locally with adamsgas as it seems easier to get a local to do a swap and you get your deposit back no problem reducing the price to really just the VAT cost of the cylinder + refills.

http://www.adamsgas.co.uk/product/f...ponics-and-aquatic-plant-growth-new-cylinder/

Following up with Bodicote Flyover Farm Shop. Their turn around time is 3 weeks at moment. 5 A's appears to have at least some 6.35kg CO2 in stock and suggest about a week turn around if they are out of stock at any point. They will order a new one ahead of when it runs out.

This is a cross post from "Where to get CO2 Cannisters" as I thought the following may be useful for folk in London:

Postcode E8 3DE, by dalston junction station.
Matt 07805166123
Mention UKAPS or say you want CO2 for your fish tank.

Out of guarantee full 2kg CO2 FE £5
Out of guarantee full 5kg CO2 FE £10 (limited supply)
New 2kg CO2 FE £15
I normally get mine from a local guy but his not reliable. Take him weeks to reply but matt is super quick and he even deliver it to my mum house for free

Hope a bit of somewhat related humour is tolerated. I get mine for free. All I do is to head to a friend's pub to exchange 8kg cylinders since the beer suppliers don't care how often you swap as long as it's on a one for one basis.

How do the pubs and their suppliers in England work? I've drunk at a few pubs in London but wasn't thinking of CO2 refills then.

I have just had 2 FE refilled at Thameside Fire in Basildon. £10 for a 2KG. 01268 597999, Unit 4 Sovereign Park, Cranes Farm Road, Basildon, SS143JD. Good service, while you wait and all properly checked for leaks etc. Told me mine were lose and tightened them up.

Hi guys i don't know if this has been posted before, apologies if it has but i spent ages trying to find a co2 supply in Bristol, maidenhead aquatics sell the bottles but they are only refilled at tmc and work out expensive and then you are lucky if they have full bottles in the shop, i found a local source now 5 mins from my home,Andys Gas, i rang a few weeks ago and they will sell me a 1.8kg bottle for £40 and refills are a tenner i think she said, this is a exchange bottle, if this helps anybody great..2mins from junction 17 m5
Address: Cribbs Causeway, Patchway, Bristol BS10 7TU
Hours:
Open today · Phone: 0117 907 4327

Just started CO2 injection after years of low tech. I've caught the bug already!! Started using Sodastream but now got my first brand new 2kg FE in the post today!! Anyone know where I can get it filled in the Brighton & Hove area? Cheers, Will.

Back