• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Refills...

No idea about Brighton or Hove, but try ringing round the firms that do fire training and/or install and service fire extinguishers. They'll often swap an empty for a full one for a small "ahem" cash transaction.

No idea about Brighton or Hove, but try ringing round the firms that do fire training and/or install and service fire extinguishers. They'll often swap an empty for a full one for a small "ahem" cash transaction.

Cheers Devo... I'll give that a whirl.

In Liverpool, North West I've used Express Gas to obtain a whopping 6.35kg C02 cylinder.

Tel: 0151- 487 0570

It was an initial £30 deposit for the cylinder and £15 for the C02 and £15 for all 6.35kg replacements thereafter...

[empty collected and new cylinder delivered]

These cylinders are for the pub/beverage market primarily and don't lend themselves to concealment in minimalist decor...LOL...but the C02 bang for your buck is enormous.

I got 12 months out of a 3kg prior to this, so the 6.35 kg should last a fair bit.

C02 cylinder.jpg

Last edited:
Any ideas where to go in the Glasgow area? I'm running a low tech at the moment with soil but it's always at the back of my mind that I will need co2 sooner rather than later. It's a 200 litre fluval Roma aquarium and I don't think liquid co2 will be enough when the plants grow out more

Does anyone know any places in Manchester that would be open tomorrow? The one mentioned co2refills is closed, there must be more somewhere?

Thanks,

Just had my 2kg refilled by Flame Skill in Great Yarmouth.

£4. (Price list on wall for fishtank and paintball refills of various sizes)

Heads up for CO2 refills. Had my 5kg fire extinguisher refilled at cellar gas in Hereford. Great guys and cost a fiver.

Just another bump for the guys at Co2 fire solutions based in Rochdale. I’ve just had 4 x 2Kg refills and an exchange on 1 x 2 Kg as one had expired. £30 while I waited

Top marks to these guys
ed1990d03a1d3f3c14535c0235e42cb8.jpg
cc3c0625a0e60d5078bad0646a6fcbe8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advanced Fire Protection (Rochdale) Ltd are selling extinguishers for 10 pounds. These aren't certified but are fine for use in an aquarium. Genuine, helpful and very pleasant people. Telephone:

01706 390333
07854 575506

Do tell them that you want the extinguisher for an aquarium.

For anyone who lives around Aldershot/Farnborough areas, Richard at http://richardthorpefire.co.uk/ always has loads of out of warranty cannisters. I think a 2kg goes for a fiver. very nice chap

Back