• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Refills...

Just had my 2kg refilled by Flame Skill in Great Yarmouth.

£4. (Price list on wall for fishtank and paintball refills of various sizes)

Sent them an email last week (Dec 2020) asking if they still refill, and mentioned my fire extinguisher is over 10 years old, here is their reply

Thank you for your enquiry, yes we still fill Co2 extinguishers for aquarium use the Cost is £5.00 + vat (£6.00)

We should be able to refill whilst you wait.

You are partly correct in that we cannot fill a cylinder over ten years of age until it has been retested, the test will require that the valve be changed as well so we offer tested, refurbished cylinders c/w new valve at £40.00 + vat (£48.00)

We should be able to get one made up for you very quickly but would need to check your current unit to see if a diptube is fitted.

If a diptube is fitted this means that the Co2 liquid is drawn up which is at a higher pressure (without a diptube just the vapour is drawn off at a much lower pressure).

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Got a good one for Yorkshire if you want to add to your list.
Peter Gibbs
Rent Free Gas also an agent for Adams Gas
Just charged me £55 deposit for a 3.25kg bottle and it's £18.50 to refill.
He's even dropping it off at the house for me, talk about good service.
Here's a link to the hydroponics and plant growth selection.

Co2 Gas Bottles | Food Grade Co2 Cylinders | Co2 for Hydroponics

Are you looking for food grade Co2 gas bottles? At Adams Gas our food grade Co2 cylinders provide perfect Co2 for hydroponics, plant & aquatic plant growth.
www.adamsgas.co.uk

Rent Free Gas

www.rentfreegas.co.uk

Hope this helps anyone.

you can get a bottle and refill it in Aldershot Pyramid steel. They work with Adams gas company.

Anyone have recommendations for refills in the St Albans Area?
Happy to travel to North London as well!
Thanks

Not bought a CO2 cannister yet as i'm new to CO2 planting so looking for anybody local to Northwich, Wigan, Warrington or St Helens that knows where I can purchase and refill CO2?

I used to use Gas cylinders uk, Haydock industrial estate until I found a closer source. They may have been taken over by Gas UK, Google the name. I always just turned up and they filled while you wait. You pay for a full cylinder and then its cost of a refill.
There are also two CO2 fire extinguisher suppliers on ebay, one in Southport the other near Burtonwood. Make an offer.
Obviously out of date extinguishers cant be refilled.
Cheers
John

I used to use Gas cylinders uk, Haydock industrial estate until I found a closer source. They may have been taken over by Gas UK, Google the name. I always just turned up and they filled while you wait. You pay for a full cylinder and then its cost of a refill.
There are also two CO2 fire extinguisher suppliers on ebay, one in Southport the other near Burtonwood. Make an offer.
Obviously out of date extinguishers cant be refilled.
Cheers
John
Thanks. I phoned Gas Uk this morning and they only have 10k and upwards bottles available which will be too big for my cabinet. They also won't fill bottles unless it's one of theirs so that kind of counts them out. I may have to go down the fire extinguisher route if there's nowhere else available. How do you know you are buying a full fire extinguisher when getting an out of date one and its not going to be half empty? I suppose shaking it perhaps?

It could be worth just calling in and asking if they have any 5kg cylinders?
All the out of date FE i've bought have had pins and seals intact.
I have had them from both the suppliers mentioned with no problem.

I used to use a place in Trafford Park on Moseley Road that filled in date extinguishers for £5 and sold in date ones for £15 full while you wait. Gone are those since they moved and were bought out by another company charging 3 times the price.
I can't seem to find anywhere else as good around Manchester now.

It could be worth just calling in and asking if they have any 5kg cylinders?
All the out of date FE i've bought have had pins and seals intact.
I have had them from both the suppliers mentioned with no problem.
Thanks, iv spoken to the guy at Burtonwood, its only 10mins away from my house so will give him a go.

3000gas.com

Loughborough and surrounding area. Melton Mowbray and surrounding villages. deliver to Coalville, Oakham and Uppingham and Grantham weekly.

£85 for 6.35kg
£35 for refill

Any suggestions for refill in North West? Preferably Wirral Liverpool or Chester area. Place where I used to go is closed

Back