• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 reg

Samjpikey

Thinking of buying this reg as a back up from co2 supermarket , has anyone used it or using it ?
Cheers guys

ZTXx95w.jpg

Hi,

Yes it is the same one that I got off ebay from Hong Kong. I have had it for 4 months and it has done the job very well.

I have used it with a glass diffuser that I also bought from HK, all worked well but I traded up for an atomiser from Aquaessentials (not because of the regulator). However, I just could not get a constant steady flow, ie the bubble count fluctuated over a 10 second period (fast - slow) Aquessentials said was due to a faulty regulator..... I immediatly bought a JBL reactor and have been using that for a couple of months and everything has been great.

Tom

Hi,

Yes it is the same one that I got off ebay from Hong Kong. I have had it for 4 months and it has done the job very well.

I have used it with a glass diffuser that I also bought from HK, all worked well but I traded up for an atomiser from Aquaessentials (not because of the regulator). However, I just could not get a constant steady flow, ie the bubble count fluctuated over a 10 second period (fast - slow) Aquessentials said was due to a faulty regulator..... I immediatly bought a JBL reactor and have been using that for a couple of months and everything has been great.

Tom
Ive used this setup and i put fluctuating pressure down to the extra bubble in the bottom of the glass diffuser. The same reg is now supplying co2 via a venturi in the spraybar and has a constant bubble count, so aqua essentials were guessing it was a faulty reg. That reg will be ok sam if it has a high enough output pressure to run the up inline, some people need 3 bar to get them to work properly. Keep one of your bazookas just in case.

Has it got adjustable working pressure ??
I will be buying as a back up unless you can advise of a better one and use my current one as a back up ??
Bazookas have gone mate , if the up inline was to ever fail I will temporarily run the co2 direct into the filter inlet :)
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will scrap that idea then !! If that's what your trying to say ??

That's why I'm worried about using my up aqua a-164 , I want something that I know won't fail but I don't want to dig deep for the monies , well not just yet anyway .
Like you say you get what you pay for , things from Asia are self hit or miss ....
Where shall I look for a reg then ?? Cheers

I didnt want to pay £100 plus for a reg when I first got into fish keeping so bought this and despite my comments I cant fault it. The valve only takes the slightest turn to alter the bubble count a lot so it is quite difficult to fine turn the count as Big clown says. Yes its off ebay and made in china but then so are most things now.

I suppose now that I am totally addicted to my planted tank I would consider paying a lot more than I did 4 months a go ;) but it all depends on how much you can afford to spend

That's sounds the same as the reg I currently have , the needle valve is so sensitive , it almost has to be completely closed to set it comfortably , but I didn't have no fluctuation when I tested with a bazooka and it got going at 1.5 bar !!

If I am honest, I much prefer the reactor, so kind of did me a favour. Each to their own though.

That's sounds a good way to go ,
This is my reg , is it likely that I could find a needle velve which will fit in the same place ??

U0iLOmN.jpg

I did have a reactor Once but I prefer an atomizer :)

Maybe I can just put one in line after the bubble counter , that would still work right??

I am a bit confused as to what you are trying to achieve? sorry. Do you mean a second valve?

Well as my needle valve is very sensitive ( probably cheap ) I was thinking of using another needle valve in line to have better control .

I would say that you are probably worrying about it too much, it just means you have to spend a bit more time setting it up, once its done you shouldnt need to touch it again. Well until you knock it whilst cleaning your filter or getting your fish food out that is :)

Maybe I can just put one in line after the bubble counter , that would still work right??

I think putting a second valve in would just over complicate things, if it is possible that is, you might end up pressurising the bubble counter if you put it afterwards and that would pop the joints off...... maybe

In your opinion fox fish do you think it would work if I placed a needle valve after the bubble counter ??

Back