co2 regulator nightmare

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by spankone, 23 Jan 2009.

1. spankone

spankone Newly Registered

hi guys I've been keeping planted tanks now for a few years and I havn't had this problem before. my regulator is becoming hard to regulate. I'll set the needle valve to the right bpm's and a few hours later its off like a rocket and has dumped a whole bottle of gas. do I just need a new needle valve or whole new reg. and where can I get a new one from. Its done 3 bottles in a few weeks :oops: thank god its a betta in the tank other wise the live stock would be dead

2. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

You prob have to replace the whole reg as I don't know of any reg that you can replace the needle value on if it forms a fixed part of the reg. Bummer.

Sam

3. spankone

its a DD reg it can unscrew easy. just can't find a spare

4. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Trouble is it might not be the gauge it could be something else, so just replacing the gauge might not do it. For me best just to replace the whole thing.

Sam

5. spankone

any recomendations?

6. Ed Seeley

Ed Seeley Member

Get in touch with the manufacturers and tell them what's happened. Even if they can't/won't replace it they should be able to help you fix it.

7. Dolly Sprint 16v

Dolly Sprint 16v Member

Have a word with Richard @ aqauessentials as he stock needle valves or marine depot.com item no. C03151.

regards
    Paul

8. GreenNeedle

GreenNeedle Member

My Aquarianversand needle valve screwed straight into the front of my reg although it is a welding reg.

I had this problem with a second hand needle valve I first bought but not this one thank god. lol

AC