• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

co2 Saturation

johnny70

I have setup a spare tank just to grow on my plantlets, crypts, anubais, etc, nothing with high demands, just cuttings etc from my existing setups.

I have got around to setting up a FE co2 setup on it, with reg, solenoid, bubble counter and diffuser. I have a pH test kit the JBL one, but no 4dkh solution, forgot to order that :oops: .

I have been running it a 1bubble per second, the tanks is well lit, daily ferts(micro and macro) and has great circulation.

Question is do I need to worry about what the co2 is in the water? I have no fish just plants, should I leave the co2 on 24 hours? when will the water become saturated with co2(is that possible) or am I just wasting co2?,or are the limiting factors just going to be light and ferts?

JOHNNY

If you've got the solenoid fitted I would still turn the CO2 off overnight. With the lights off the plants aren't using the CO2 and it's just wasted. Have it coming on an hour before lights on and the water will be full of CO2 when the lights come on for the plants.

I'd turn up the bubble rate during the time the lights are on to maximise growth and reduce chance of any algae and I would get or make the 4dKH solution soon so you can monitor the CO2 level.

ok cheers, I have been turning off at night :) don't want to waste my FE in a few weeks do I :D

JOHNNY

Back