• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

co2 service by carrier.

After briefly chatting to my co2 guy, hes interested in running a refill service via carrier.

Hes thinking of the following deals at the moment.

1) A normal refill service.
2) A rental service for those with out of date cylinders or no cylinders.
3) Re-certification on out of date cylinders (possibly).

Hes checking out carrier prices and the other logistics.. for instance, carriers have to have a license to ship compressed gas. Once he's come back to me Ill keep you all updated on this thread.

If all goes well, we should have a mail order co2 refill service at reasonable prices including shipping that can turn around in only a few days, no matter where you are in the country. He's likely to be very competitive.

Anyway, watch this space.. Ill keep you all updated.

cheers..

love this website..

Light the fuse and step back a few feet..!!!!

cheers ...

lol :)

one of the reasons we set this place up was to drive the hobby and get more resources for us all :) I dont think that part of it will ever end.

Hopefully Chris the co2 man will come good.. it all depends on carrier costs as to whether its financially viable for everyone.. but if theres a way, he'll find it.

Wolfenrook said:
Fingers crossed Matt. Dan's prices are fantastic, but I seriously prefer not to 'bin' stuff that is reusable where possible.
Ade
I mentioned this to Dan before also and he was going to look into it, maybe he can also come up with something similar.
The more the merrier!

Wolfenrook said:
Would be doubly good if he is able to refill the Lunapet type cylinders. They have standard fittings and have passed all the relevant EU tests, just no sticker with a brand on them.

I still intend to use an FE as my primary, but been able to get my 'backup' refilled would be handy as well.

Ade

He'll be able to refill any cylinder in date with standard fittings, no matter what shape or size :) so all the JBL units also qualify for this as do most of the other refillable types.

Ive had a reply from Chris, and hes currently trying to do a deal with a national carrier to get the price as cheap as he can for everyone.. so watch this space, should hear in a few days whether its going to work out. As said, its all going to be carrier price dependent.. too much and it just wont be viable. But we'll see how he goes, hes a good guy and will work as hard as he can for us.

As a footnote, there will be no commission in this for me (although he offered it). Ive asked him to just keep the prices as low as he can instead :)

ok.. sorry guys but this isnt going to work out.

all the carriers we spoke to want £25 just to ship! Chris normally charges £10 for a refill, so that makes it £35 which is way over what we need it to be.

Hes going to keep trying to find a cheaper carrier, but its not looking hopeful.

was worth a shot!

Matt Holbrook-Bull said:
ok.. sorry guys but this isnt going to work out.

all the carriers we spoke to want £25 just to ship! Chris normally charges £10 for a refill, so that makes it £35 which is way over what we need it to be.

Hes going to keep trying to find a cheaper carrier, but its not looking hopeful.

was worth a shot!

Damn courier charges! I have come across this before. It was worth a shot though and I for one appreciate the time you put into it :)

How about setting up a parcel style one, you send out a prepaid box that sends it to the co2 man who once filled sends it back, that'd be about £14 = £24 in total.

Garuf said:
How about setting up a parcel style one, you send out a prepaid box that sends it to the co2 man who once filled sends it back, that'd be about £14 = £24 in total.

Im not sure you can do that with compressed gas.. but if you dont mind giving a call to find out who knows!

Back