• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

CO2 Supermarket Nano set for 100l

Leah95

Hi everyone!

I've recently set up a Aquanano 100l low-tech planted tank and have been thinking about adding CO2. I'm very new to planted tanks and I'm still trying to get my head around CO2. I've come across a CO2 Supermarket Nano system secondhand for £65. It's only a month old and I've checked the specs on the website and it says it would be suitable up to 100l. I just wanted to ask if anyone has used this system on a larger tank?

I am also planning to upgrade the light to a Twinstar 600E or S at the same time as I have been reading about the balance between light, CO2 and Fertiliser.

I've included a picture of my tank below (currently having a unit built so there is 1cm overhang and it was planted 2 days ago. Other specs are on a new post here First Aquascape!):

tempImageLh8M9j.png

Tim Harrison

Administrator
Staff member
Nano CO2 systems are never really a good investment, even for nano tanks, they run out fast and refills cost. If your budget will stretch to it go with a fire extinguisher system
The initial outlay may seem cost prohibitive but it'll save you money in the long run. Check out Aquarium Gardens for a decent reg and CO2 equipment.
And check out this thread to find an extinguisher supplier near you.
As for lights I'd go with the Twinstar S series the colour rendition is much better. Although the light you already have should be fine ;)

Leah95

Nano CO2 systems are never really a good investment, even for nano tanks. If your budget will stretch to it go with a fire extinguisher system
The initial outlay may seem cost prohibitive but it'll save you money in the long run.
Check out Aquarium Gardens for a decent reg and CO2 equipment.
And check out this thread to find an extinguisher supplier near you.
As for lights I'd go with the Twinstar S series the colour rendition is much better ;)
Hi Tim,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply!

Upon your advice, I'll definitely give the nano setup a miss, I could barely find any other information on them so you've helped me out hugely. I've seen a lot of people talk about using fire extinguisher CO2 system so I'll also have a read through those links you've suggested. As for the light, I haven't properly looked at the Twinstar S, however, I have just come across a forum where people discussed the differences as it appears it's definitely worth the price!

Thanks again for your help :D

Paul Kettless

I have just been in the same position as you in upgrading my light, and the Twinstar S was in the running, it seems to come highly recommended and liked by many hobbiest. It seems the S is better for the red plants. I think the extra money spent on the S over the E is money well spent, and with a controller the light could then be used for low and high tech scapes as you choose.