• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 through 2 external filters

UllavL

Hi,
I'm thinking of buying this complete CO2 system for my tank. I however have two eternal filters and would like to push the CO2 through both of the outflow lily pipes. What more should I add to my order to get it to work proparly? Is the list below correct or do I need some other kind of equipment, connectors etc?
Kind regards,
Ulla

BigTank2_zps6282955e.jpg

You need that brass 2 way splitter that you mention in your post, I have one of them myself and they are really quite nice, you just take retainer nut off of your existing needle valve on the regulator, then screw this thing into it and hey presto, two needle valves (and a central one controlling the flow to them two).

Also you you need an additional bubble counter with built in check valve like the one listed as part of the kit, and another diffuser, again same as the one listed as part of the kit. unless all the stuff is miles apart you won't need more tubing than 3M

Then connect it all up as per Ian's drawing there, 'cept your bubble counters and non return valves are a single piece of equipment.

Once connected and you've checked that there is no leaks you can set about fiddling with that PH controller.

Always happy to help a fellow Scandinavian, even if you are Swedish ;)
Clown is right, PH controllers are a bit of a faff, I didn't want to start a flame war so I just sort of wished you best of luck with it you know?

As for getting SMC's into the mix, definitely worth it, I'm no expert on CO2, not by a long shot but I have bitter experience with letting too much gas into tanks by accidents :/ - even if in my case there was a fair bit of stupidity in the mix as well. You should talk to the co2art people, they are really nice and helpful. But I think the easiest way to do it would be to attach the SMC valve (the one with the check valve built into it) directly on top of the regular needle valves of that brass splitter, bit convoluted I guess, you'd have three 'regular' needle valves that are fully open and two precision valves controlling the flow.

Anyhow, talk to the co2art people, I'm sure they will stack up a custom kit for you with an SMC valve equipped manifold, two bubble counters and two inline diffusers for you.

//Jan

Good afternoon,

I am really sorry to see that no one get back to you regarding your question.

I went trough the post above and thank you very much for the help guys all is correct.

Probably this is not needed any more however just quickly confirm.

Yes the easiest way is to buy 2 way brass splitter:

http://www.co2art.co.uk/collections...brass-co2-splitter-for-solenoid-and-regulator

The splitter goes directly on top of the needle valve of your regulator. You just need to fully unscrew the top cap on the needle valve (which holds the tubing in place) and screw in the splitter on top of it.

As mentioned already you will also require second bubble counter of your taste as you would like to see and control the bubble rate.

Regarding the extra tubing I leave that on you as you know where you will keep your system.

Thank you for responding Miroslav! I also contacted your customer service and they gave me excellent advice. I eagerly await the shippment from you any day now :)
Ulla

Thank you very much for the purchase and your kind words :)

Back