• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 tubing keeps popping off

Aqua Hero

Hello, I've run into a really annoying issue with my regulator. The stupid c02 tubing keeps popping off the push fitting. I had my psi set to 40 and I'm using an intank bazooka diffuser.

Is there a way to remove the push fit and replace it with a lock screw fitting instead?
15614979345212676414988084259507.jpg

Has this been running fine and now just started?

I have had this before and after cleaning the diffuser I cut about 10mm of pipe off the regulator end and reattach, the stiffer pipe works better then the old end that may stretch over time.

Has this been running fine and now just started?

I have had this before and after cleaning the diffuser I cut about 10mm of pipe off the regulator end and reattach, the stiffer pipe works better then the old end that may stretch over time.
It's a new tube that hasn't been used yet and no it's not running.

Right now I'm using my spare single stage reg which is working fine.

Honestly this push fitting is a really stupid idea when we are dealing with high pressure systems

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not to hard to fix by a jubilee clip and tighten it on 7_9ml get them of flee bay £1.49

Cheers
Jay

Have two of the same fittings on mine for over 2 years and have had the working PSI up to 50 at times and no popping off.
I did bend the adjustment screws once but just got a replacement from RS components.
Sounds like you may have a faulty one

Not to hard to fix by a jubilee clip and tighten it on 7_9ml get them of flee bay £1.49

Cheers
Jay
I'm not really how this will help, thr tubing and the fitting blow off. At jubilee clips or zip tie wont work

Last edited:
Have two of the same fittings on mine for over 2 years and have had the working PSI up to 50 at times and no popping off.
I did bend the adjustment screws once but just got a replacement from RS components.
Sounds like you may have a faulty one
Do you have a link to the component I should get?

I can’t tell from the picture but does it have an adjuster on it as well? If so I think they call them Pisco valves?

Looking at some other CO2 regulators they call that part a Pisco valve, some suppliers call it a PSCO valve. Try a google search and you’ll get something like this. You need to know the tubing size and the thread size in the regulator. BSP threads are popular for these sort of things. This may help:

https://www.pipefittingsdirect.co.uk/contents/en-uk/BSP Identification1.pdf

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

PS. I would have suggested you contact CO2 Art but they don’t list any spare parts on their website and they seem to have changed the spec of this part several times. Check the specification of anything you get to ensure it can handle the pressure you’re putting through it.

8C57E499-5870-4C5B-9878-1DEA88D12046.jpeg

Do you have a link to the component I should get?

Just checked my RS components order history and it only goes back 12 months and on holiday ATM and dont have old e-mails on this tablet. Will get part number from old emails from RS when I get home on friday. I think it was a M5 thread (which I got from measuring the threads diameter and pitch) if my memory serves me correct.

Good news guys, contacted co2art and they offered to send their new needle valve with the lock nut.

Thats good news.

When I looked at pictures of some of their past regulators they seem to have used a variety of different parts for the outlet.
How old is your regulator?

Back