• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 Working Pressure

Aronnie

Hi

I have a dual stage regulator from co2 Art with adjustable working pressure but whenever I adjust the needle valve to get more bubbles per second my working pressure decreases meaning I have to increase the working pressure again. Is this correct?

Thanks

Aron

It is called "droop".

It's normal for it to decrease a little bit in the injection period.
And it should increase back up when the solenoid is closed.

My Azoo reg drops about perhaps 1-2 PSI (not sure I just see the
needle is not at the same place as when the solenoid shuts),
30 PSI working pressure.

meaning I have to increase the working pressure again. Is this correct?

I don't know, try reading this http://www.pacetoday.com.au/features/how-to-read-a-regulator-flow-curve .

depends on the regulator. If its a regulator aimed at the aquatic market then yes its fairly normal. If its a good quality reg used for a custom build then no its not normal. I can open my needle valve fully without the tubing, bubble counter, and diffuser connected. and my pressure does not drop when i open the solenoid, it stays exactly where i set it.
Does it matter when your adding co2 to a fishtank? probably not as long as it remains constant while the solenoid is open. and the pressure is the same everyday

Thanks for all your replies! Mine is around 43psi and bubble count is around 2 so I'll wait a few days and see if the working pressure is the same everyday. If not, I'll start worrying!! Ha

Back