• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Working Pressure

Toby28

Seedling
Hi All,

I'd really appreciate some advise from the CO2 experts!

I've just installed my first CO2 reg (CO2 Art Pro SE) using the Sodastream system (space saving for now!). Running at 1 bubble/2 seconds in a 55l heavily planted cube as a starting point.

All working, no apparent leaks, but I can't seem to change the working pressure.

It is sitting just under 60psi and turning the knob either direction doesn't seem to change things. Obviously if I open up the needle valve loads the pressure drops, but as soon as I dial it back to a sensible speed the pressure jumps back to 60.

Any advise? I can't call the shop until monday!

Cheers!

Cheers both for your help!

Tried removing the air line, closing the regulator and opening the needle valve fully - pressure drops to 5PSI - can't reach 0.

Close the needle valve again and the pressure shoots back up (reg still fully closed - anticlockwise).

Oddly, the pressure has dropped from 60 to 45 PSI overnight, but I still have 0 control of this.

99.9% sure the working pressure knob is non (or limited) functional so have emailed the shop with a video.

Found a few reviews with the same issue that all resulted in repair/replacement.

Thanks again for the advise 👍

Back