• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2art failure from box

Jona$

Hi just got in the co2 world and bought all from co2art, but i believe the regulator is screwed up, aswell the solenoid doesnt close proper.. and yes i have done as theyre site and gone through solenoid.

Set pressure at let say 20 and fine tune bubbles and when close solenoid it starts going up towards 60.. and thats just in a few minutes.. so when solenoid goes on the bubbles go crazy as it goes down to my set value.

As for the solenoid, sometimes it kills of the bubbles..and sometimes it let em pass by.

Set pressure at let say 20 and fine tune bubbles and when close solenoid it starts going up towards 60.. and thats just in a few minutes.. so when solenoid goes on the bubbles go crazy as it goes down to my set value.

when you turn the pressure 'clockwise' you increase the working pressure which will increase the injection rate as the needle value control is affected by the working pressure.

Turning the pressure 'antclockwise' you will decrease the working pressure and the injection rate will decrease.

I normally control my injection rate by changing the working pressure. On another tank the working pressure can not be changed so I use the needle value to change the injection rate.

So sounds like your Regulator is fine IMO

Hi, it looks like you are trying to set a bubble rate without connecting to a diffuser so there's no back pressure.
What i would do is :
Connect to the diffuser,
turn the needle valve off,
turn on the co2 bottle and adjust the working pressure to around 2bar or whatever you prefer,
then adjust the needle valve to give the rate you want.

Hope this helps
Cheers
John

I wonder if the working pressure is supposed to rise like that with the knob on the lowest setting. I had a similar issue out of the box, the WP would rise to 60 psi when the solenoid is off. CO2 art said that this can happen if dirt from the CO2 cylinder gets stuck in the regulator. They advised me to disconnect the reg from the cylinder, let all go to 0 and try again. This worked, however I’m still fiddling with the WP and the bubble rate (not ruling out user errors in my case yet).

Thanks all , gonna read everything and follow all good said.

Having the exact same issues.
I can’t regulate the working pressure at all with the co2 art regulator.

As soon as I turn down the bubble count it jumps to over 60psi.

That’s with the working pressure completely released.

I read above - someone suggesting that you need to connect the diffuser in order for there to be back pressure. I tried this - but still can’t reduct the working pressure.

it’s as if the co2 art regulator has a default pressure of 60 psi - which is too high.

Well i connected the diffuser. Started off from scratch and works fine now. Can even reset pressure aswell fine tune, and when solenoid kicks in.. in worst case it goes up 5-10psi.

Back