• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Feedback CO2Art Pro Elite Series regulator

Aleman

I've had this a while, but it's really only been in operation since January, when I finally flooded the tank following an 11 week "dry start".

What can I say about it? It does the job ...

... superbly! I love the LV DC Solenoid it replaced my other reg, a Bioplast one from 30 years ago, which was/is as noisy and hot as hell, being a 240V AC solenoid. So, So, So, simple to set up, and the great news is that with a little bit of re-cabling it works fine with my JBL Proflora pH Touch controller. Set the controller to the tanks KH, it determines what the pH should be optimal, and it turns the solenoid on and off when the ph is 0.1 units outside the set value. Depending on the KH, you need to adjust the bubble counter to control the rate of pH swing. so when the KH is high, and the water has a large buffering capacity you need more CO2 so more bubbles / min. with a low KH then you need less bubbles / min. It is of course personal preference how qickly you want the pH change to take place, and also what you fish stocking is like.

It's not without it's faults, the bubble counter empties itself :mad: which is more of an annoyance rather than an issue, it takes a couple of minutes to top it up if needed, and once the rate is set for your tank, you don't need to actually worry about it .

I do have another issue with the bubble counter, which is really a problem with the solenoid valve. When it turns off, I still get bubbles through the counter. I was expecting this to be fair, as there is "high pressure" in the system after the solenoid. However, this continues for at least a couple of hours, and not at a diminishing rate. I believe others have had this issue as well. @CO2Art.co.uk , @Carbondioxide What is / Is there a fix for this?

Hi @Aleman,
Thanks for the review.

Sounds like there may be some blockage in the solenoid plunger section.
The quickest way to check this is for you to do Solenoid Verification Procedure.
When you get to STEP 4 please take some pictures of the plunger head (B) and the orifice (A) so that I can check that all is at should be. Also, clean all the parts with alcohol and a cotton bud (qtip), then reassemble.
Here is a LINK to the parts to take pictures

Alternativly, you can send over an email to our support team with UKAPS refferal in the subject. They really are wizzards when it comes to this issue.

Hopefully this helps.

Back