• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Colour of drop checker?

Valleyglow

I have a 240 litre 4ft tank. started co2 injection 24 hours ago. Didnt have drop checker until this morning so done 1 bubble per second to be on the safe side. Installed drop checker. Should it be green or lighter green than the image below. I feel the plants in the tank are reflecting off it as when I'm further away it still looks blue. Im confused as looks different colour depending what angel I'm looking at it

Attachments

• 20201209_144458.jpg
    20201209_144458.jpg
    749.8 KB · Views: 355
  • 20201209_145010.jpg
    20201209_145010.jpg
    715 KB · Views: 179
Looking at the drop checker color you are not getting enough co2. Also 1 bps may not be sufficient at all for a 240 L tank.

I have a 50 L tank and with 2 bps the drop checker turns a lime green to yellowish.

Crank up the co2 based on livestock in the tank in small steps and let us know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you using to inject the co2? As said above, it should be lime green, so you can increase the bubble rate. The colour responds a bit faster to changes if the air is right at the edge of the dropchecker.

I am using an inline co2art diffuser with a FE. I've increased it to 2 bubbles per second now. Timed it at 110 bubbles in a minute so just short but will see how the drop checker responds to that. Just want to do it little by little due to having livestock in the tank. Is it around 2 hours the drop checker would respond. I've got it placed down the other side of tank

Looking at the drop checker color you are not getting enough co2. Also 1 bps may not be sufficient at all for a 240 L tank.

I have a 50 L tank and with 2 bps the drop checker turns a lime green to yellowish.

Crank up the co2 based on livestock in the tank in small steps and let us know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Done it to nearly 2 bps and has now turned green. Doesn't seem alot for size tank though. Will see how plants do.

Back