• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Colour popping - CRS

George Farmer

Founder
UKAPS Team
I've used Elements to take all the colour away from the image, except the red in my crystal red shrimp.

It's a technique known as "colour popping", and can be quite effective at highlighting the subject.

It's all good fun!

f_crscropm_96aad2f.jpg

Hi George, very good picture mate tell us how to do this clever clogs :) regards john.

Thanks, John.

This was really simple.

Go to the 'Enhance' menu. It may be called something different in newer versions.

Go to the 'Adjust Color', then select 'Hue/Saturation'.

Go to the 'Edit' drop down and change from 'Master' to all the colours individually, except red, and drag the 'Saturation' silder to -100.

Easy peasy!

For more advanced stuff, check out - http://www.photoanswers.co.uk/Video-Tut ... Photoshop/

Cheers.

Wow Amazing shot and Editing. Will have to try this now with the red nose shrimp once the water clears.

Awww i Want CRS as well.

George Farmer said:
I work on the principle if you take enough photos, one of them will turn out ok...
That makes two of us, I really need an upgrade to my old Minolta its playing up lately, not focusing properly.
Will have a look at the new Sony Alphas since I can use the same lenses.

Back