• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Comp_Nov09: Fern Vale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Swinney

Name: Tony

Tank Dimensions (Height/Width/Depth): 25 x 11 x 10 cm

Aquascape Name: Fern Vale

Hardscape/Materials used: Malaya Powder, Sarawak Sand, Seiryu Stone, Manzanita Wood

Plants: Fissidens Fotanus, Peacock Moss, Lilaeopsis Novea-Zealandia

Fertilisation: All-In-One Ferts daily, Excel daily, 50% w/c daily

About the aquascape: I had the glass cut at a local glaziers (optiwhite front and back) for £12, then glued it with some left over aquarium silicon I had. The substrate, was left over from my main optiwhite tank, and the hardscape is from my 'stash' of rocks and woods. The Fissidens and Peacock Moss are both cuttings from my discus tank, and I bought the Lilaeopsis from the local MAq for £2.95 :)

It will sit on its plinth (an offcut of kitchen worktop) on the shelf in my office, under one of my 35w desk lamps.

Having filled it with water, the fissidens looks a bit thin on the branch - as its such a slow grower I may add some more to it this week.

FernVale_MUS3282.jpg

FernVale_MUS3283.jpg

FernVale_MUS3287.jpg

FernVale_MUS3304.jpg

FernVale_MUS3305.jpg

FernVale_MUS3306.jpg

FernVale_MUS3313.jpg

Nice one Tony, It looks more like 60cm than 25cm, excellent illusion of space :thumbup:
Great quality build on the tank as well.

Cheers,
James

That is sweet Tony, what a desk top accessory! Wish I could keep mine on the desk but my cats would drink it :lol:

That's very cool ! Love the whole scale of it, if you didn't know you would think it was a lot bigger! :thumbup:

Well, I cant say the tank has been too successful or changed much in the past 4 weeks !!!

That said the fissidens are starting to show new growth now, and the lileopsis is growing very slowly. A lowly snail that I spotted in there after a couple of days has grown the most :lol:

I'm travelling tomorrow so thought I'd post a couple of quick pics now. I'll be keeping this going to see how it develops

Cheers

Tony
PicoPano1_MUS3557.jpg

PicoPano2_MUS3559.jpg

Excellent photos Tony.
Tonser said:
Well, I cant say the tank has been too successful or changed much in the past 4 weeks !!!
The plants look really healthy even if they have not grown a huge amount, i'd say that's successful, especially in a pico with no filter or CO2 :D.

Cheers,
James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back