Comp_Nov09: Pico Paradise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jase

Name:Jason Griffiths

Tank Dimensions (Height/Width/Depth): 14x14x14cm

Aquascape Name: Pico Paradise

Hardscape/Materials used: Bogwood, Dragon Stone, Oli Knott Nature Soil, Unipac Zambezi Sand

Plants: Eleocharis Acicularis, Lilaeopsis Novea-Zealandia, Crytocoryne Moehlmannii

Fertilisation: Easy Carbo, EI, from main tank in water change

About the aquascape: The tank is a 14cm cube purchased from Hobbycraft for £3.99, with the hardscape and materials taken from other tanks. I wanted to use plants I hadn't used before with a view to using them again in the future. Lighting is a PC unit I used to use over my main tank as additional light

PicoSmall.jpg

Jase

Thanks everyone for your kind words, I'm really please with it to be honest.

I reckon it'll look best when the Crypt grows out a little - you can see a couple of the leaves just underneath/infront of the largest piece of wood.

So tempted to do another, after all I did pick up two cubes :shh: :lol:

Jase

elanmak said:
neat and natural
Thank you Elan, I'm going to have to take my solitary Cherry Shrimp out in order to maintain the tank's neatness :lol: He keeps mixing the sand and nature soil, eventhough there is a plastic divider between them :woot:

Jase

Day 14

Having now been setup for two weeks I thought I'd better put up a quick update. Snapshot handheld pics but better than nothing I'm sure

Taken immediately after todays WC, which is why the acicularis looks messy :shifty:

IMG_1844.jpg

IMG_1841.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gill Pika Pico Journals 15