Comp_Nov09: Prehistoric Pico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Swinney

Name:Tonser

Tank Dimensions (Height/Width/Depth): 14cm x 14cm x 14cm

Aquascape Name: Prehistoric Pico

Hardscape/Materials used: Malaya Powder / Sarawak sand / Fossilised Wood / gravel

Plants: Unknown fern like stem, bolbitis difformis

Fertilisation: 2 x drops all in one solution daily, 2 drops excel daily

About the aquascape: The cube was £6 from the local florist and I painted the back black with left over engine paint ! Everything else was left over from my optiwhite scape. The unknown plant was from the local M Aq (£2.95) they thought it was "something like 'parrot-fern' - the legal one " - does that mean anything to anyone ? The bolbitis shoots came off the leaves of my mother plant in the discus tank :D

I got really in to this and scaped it in 40 mins, so forgot to take any pics along the way :oops: Here are a couple as the water clears...

Tony

Pico2_20.jpg

Pico2_16.jpg

Pico2_38.jpg

aquaticmaniac

I love this. I think the scale and idea behind this were executed brilliantly. I love that stem plant too.

mr. luke

Wow, it does look very prehistoric...
Im aprehensive of the result of the parrots feather.... In a submerged for it grows much like a very dense and fine cabomba sp.

Tony Swinney

Thanks folks, and thanks MrLuke for the info on the 'parrots feather' too. I assume from your comment that it is still in its emmersed form right now ? The guys at the LFS didnt know anything about it, and I hadnt seen it before.

Cheers

Tony

That's another strong scape design Tony :thumbup: .
I love the detail work around the base of the rocks.

Cheers,
James

Jase

Awesome work Tony I really like, it really does have a Prehistoric feel :thumbup:

Standard of Picos in this competition is amazing :geek:

Tony Swinney

As I'm travelling all day tomorrow, I though I'd post the pics of this tank tonight. The parrot feather died back alot and has now started to develop in its submersed form, which I really like. I reckon in another 4 weeks it'll be looking really nice (or perhaps just like it did when I planted it :lol: )

Cheers

Tony

PrehistoricPico1_MUS3579.jpg

PrehistoricPico2_MUS3563.jpg

PrehistoricPico3_MUS3565.jpg

Great final shots Tony, you've done well to get the parrots feather to grow that well :thumbup: .

Cheers,
James

Jase

Shame the parrot feather died back, fingers crossed it'll fill up again because this has a really nice feel to it :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.