• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Compact Camera for Plant Pictures!

Based on the old adage that “the best camera is the one you have with you” I’ve moved away from separate cameras and end up using my mobile phone, it’s always in my pocket and on hand. There’s one for most budgets, I stick to iPhones for their ease of use.

Based on the old adage that “the best camera is the one you have with you” I’ve moved away from separate cameras and end up using my mobile phone, it’s always in my pocket and on hand. There’s one for most budgets, I stick to iPhones for their ease of use.
I second this and iPhones are also suitable for underwater shots. Of course, you may want apple care or a case but a few meters shouldn't hurt anything

I second this and iPhones are also suitable for underwater shots. Of course, you may want apple care or a case but a few meters shouldn't hurt anything
In case anyone is thinking of buying an older second hand iPhone, it’s probably worth checking whether it’s waterproof before dunking it in their tank and asking their tetra to say “cheese”.

I wouldn't deliberately put any phone under water unless its in an underwater enclosure. If you so decide anyway make sure it's at least IP68 rated. At least the last 3 generations of iPhones (12, 13, 14) carries that protection, but even so, if you had the phone for a while it might no longer be totally sealed - say if you exposed it temperature extremes (low or high), dropped it etc.

Cheers,
Michael

If i can partly high jack Nelson's thread ?

Whats models of old mobile phones would someone recommend for taking plant pictures for use to upload to the net ?
I've being told google pixels have a good camera but even second hand ones start bout £80 ?

Back