• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Compact Digital Camera in the £100 - £150 region?

Steve Smith

Hey guys. I've read the previous post about the Fuji S5700, and it sounds like a reasonable camera (well, the S5800 which has replaced it). I was wondering though, are there any other quality cameras with a few more features in this price range?

My mate's girlfriend has asked me to recommend something for her to buy as a christmas gift, and he is a geek, like me :lol: She'd love to be able to buy a DSLR but funds won't stretch that far.

Any recommendations?

I bought an Ixus 75 a while ago so maybe not available now, but it was just over a £100. No viewfinder but the LCD display is 3" and covers most of the back plate. Has loads of features inc. white balance correction and some priority modes as well. Very pleased with it and something of a bargain I think.

I think a viewfinder might be a must in this case, but thanks :) I've read that the ixus range are great cameras!

Currently looking at the Fuji 8000fd or the Fuji S1000fd. The latter has 12x optical zoom and is 12mp. Sounds like it has a lot of manual control, and various face recognition and image stabilisation etc (as does the former).

Back