• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Competition in Hannover, Germany

Dan Crawford

Founder
UKAPS Team
Hi Folks, whilst having a surf a couple of weeks ago I came across the annual "Art of Planted Aquarium Competition" held in Hannover. At Vivarium last year I spoke with a chap called Edwin who runs a great deal of German aquatic related websites and I remember him saying that I should enter. Well, after a bit of thought I decided to enter! I was allowed to bring a guest/helper so I've enlisted the help of that little known aquascaper - George Farmer :lol:

The competition is held over one day where you have to create your best aquascape which will be judged the next day by a very well respected panel.

Plants are supplied by Tropica and substrate by Dennerle.

Here's a link http://www.planted-aquarium.de/en/our-e ... arium.html

We leave on Thursday morning, wish us luck :thumbup:

That is a real fun competition; I was a judge there in the first edition (so far for the judges being respectable ;) ).

With your scaping skills; you guys should at least hit the top ten. In the mean time George can get you coffee :lol:

I'm pretty sure Juri the ASW admin is entering that competition too. I wish I had the money I'd be all over a trip like this.
Aww well one can but dream.
Good luck guys.

Thanks, all. :D

I was both flattered and thrilled when Dan asked me along to this. I'd never heard of it until recently. It will be great to meet up with fellow enthusiasts and put more faces to names.

Thanks to Tony for loaning us a load of fantastic wood too! :thumbup:

Marco Aukes said:
With your scaping skills; you guys should at least hit the top ten. In the mean time George can get you coffee :lol:
This is Dan we're talking about. He only drinks beer. :lol:

Thanks guys, this should be great fun and a great experience!

It'll be great to meet some more international enthusiasts, have a bit of a road trip, hopefully learn a few things and aquascape a tank with a good friend, what more could you wish for from a weekend!

looks great fun, wish you all the best !
Hows about some live updates whilst your out there (put that iphone to good use dan!)

Andy

Haha, I understand there's an app for that.

Make sure you take loads of photos, it's rare to come across german/eu scapers tanks unless they're in comps so it'll be a good insight into it.

Good luck duders. Fly the UKaps flag and do us proud.

It sounds a tough ticket both physically and mentally, but a few tins should help you both along.

Dan, dont for get to brush your hair, ya gota look the shizzel.

Good luck from door to door. :thumbup:

I have also seen the first bits of results, unfortunately our hero's did not end up in the top three. That is no shame, as even Oliver Knott did not finish amongst the top three.

But than again from the first pics i can see there are some amazing pieces of work created:

DSC04949.jpg

DSC04983.jpg

DSC04955.jpg

DSC04954.jpg

Looks amazing, and can see george and co. in the vid.
Those shrimp @ 15sec look stunning.

Back