• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

confirmation of steps to take

Chris Tinker

looking at the levels of nutrients in my TNC and the EI i will be using its clearly been starved of nutrients.

so i have upped my nutrients lights are on for 6hrs. i might reduce this? thoughts.

co2 seems stable. pressurised co2 with online. 1 hr before and off 1 hr before lights off. nice green on the indicator.

so i think i know why this has happened, and a plan to fix it.

now do i also need to cut and remove all the affected plant leaves? some would result in non left!

suggestions on this please... though one plant has thrived massively.
20190909_215609.jpg
20190909_215622.jpg
20190909_215557.jpg

Hi all,
so i have upped my nutrients lights are on for 6hrs. i might reduce this? thoughts.
I probably wouldn't go under six hours.
now do i also need to cut and remove all the affected plant leaves?
I probably would.

If it isn't too herculean an undertaking I'd try pinching the effected leaves off one at a time. Once the plants are growing more strongly you will tend to prune off most of the algae before it becomes too visible. This doesn't work with slow growing plants, with persistent leaves, like Bolbitis or Anubias.
and a plan to fix it.
How do you feel about snails? Ramshorn snails don't eat the adult algae, but they will graze off the Red Algae sporelings.

cheers Darrel

Hi all, I probably wouldn't go under six hours. I probably would.

If it isn't too herculean an undertaking I'd try pinching the effected leaves off one at a time. Once the plants are growing more strongly you will tend to prune off most of the algae before it becomes too visible. This doesn't work with slow growing plants, with persistent leaves, like Bolbitis or Anubias.How do you feel about snails? Ramshorn snails don't eat the adult algae, but they will graze off the Red Algae sporelings.

cheers Darrel
i really like pets... how many would you say works for a 300 litre? 4ft tank?

Hi all,
how many would you say works for a 300 litre? 4ft tank?
You don't need to start with many, they multiply pretty quickly if there is food for them.

You are more than welcome to some of mine. They will small ones, because <"shell attrition"> always gets them before they get too big in my tanks.

cheers Darrel

Back