• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Confused...

RiBa007

Seedling
Hi all, I just want to share an observation I made that got me al little confused. For the past few years I tried to run my planted tank with all the best practices in mind: adding enough co2, fertilizer (tropica specialized + KH), frequent water changes,… My plants where always growing very well. The only problem I had was bba on the hardscape.

Now a few weeks ago I ran out of co2 and couldn't get a new bottle because of covid. So I ran the tank with on the normal schedule, but without co2. A few weeks later the plants are still doing very well, the bba has completely disappeared (got some gsa on the rocks). So two questions arise: should I hook up a new bottle of co2 or just leave it and have I been adding the co2, without it doing something for growth?

Let’s say I’m a little puzzled…

I think it's a case of you can have a healthy tank with or without CO2 So less maintenance if you carry on as you are slower growth less demanding plants. I had similar BBA on the filter pipes minimal on the plants. I think besides all the other things to watch for lighting fertilisation etc it's a question of flow, so CO2 and nutrients available to every plant

Back