• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Connecting the Cal Aqua Inline CO2 Diffuser Fitting

johnb

Hi

I have 2 Cal Aqua Inline CO2 Diffuser's the idea being for them to be connected to the FX5 External Filters of which there are 2.

I did not consider the actuall mechanics of taking the outflow pipe and connecting Diffuser which of course is a different size, thought on the best way to do this appreciated ?

Also i plan to have Hydro external heaters - does it matter if its before or after the diffuser ?

Thanks in advance

John B

johnb said:
Hi

I have 2 Cal Aqua Inline CO2 Diffuser's the idea being for them to be connected to the FX5 External Filters of which there are 2.

I did not consider the actuall mechanics of taking the outflow pipe and connecting Diffuser which of course is a different size, thought on the best way to do this appreciated ?

Also i plan to have Hydro external heaters - does it matter if its before or after the diffuser ?

Thanks in advance

John B

Hi,
I believe the Cal Aqua water spuds are 12mm ID and 13 or 14mm OD. I'm unsure about the dimensions of the FX5 tubes. I know the Eheim tubes are 16/22 so you could either buy some reducers or if you could "build up" the OD of the spud by slipping small sections of other tubing you may have. So for example if you have a section of 12/16 tubing lying around slip that over the spud and then slip the filter hose over that. As long as there is a moderate amount of friction the connections will be watertight.

Cheers,

Back