• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cooling fan recommendation

Nont

Hi there,

I’m currently trying to find the best low budget fan for 60cm tank.

the temperature in my house is always about 35C (Southern Thailand have 4 seasons: hot, very hot, extremely hot, rainy :crazy:) I can’t grow other plants besides Alismataceae species, Crypts and Egeria densa.

Wow - if our house gets much above 20C I start sweating and complaining! 😅

I don't think a fan will reduce your water temp sufficiently - you might get a 5 degree drop or so with a powerful enough fan across the surface, but at 35C average I suspect you are firmly in Aquarium Cooler territory.

Wow - if our house gets much above 20C I start sweating and complaining! 😅
On the flip side, I feel cold when it go down belows 26C. I have to get blanket everytime I turn on my air con :nailbiting:
I don't think a fan will reduce your water temp sufficiently - you might get a 5 degree drop or so with a powerful enough fan across the surface, but at 35C average I suspect you are firmly in Aquarium Cooler territory.
It’s usually 30-33 but 35C is the highest it gets, sorry for the confusion.
I’m trying to find a low budget alternative as I’m currently a student and don’t want my family to pay electric bills from cooler.

On the flip side, I feel cold when it go down belows 26C. I have to get blanket everytime I turn on my air con :nailbiting:

It’s usually 30-33 but 35C is the highest it gets, sorry for the confusion.
I’m trying to find a low budget alternative as I’m currently a student and don’t want my family to pay electric bills from cooler.

Well it's worth trying a fan first then, and if a budget option is best, then a simple desk or floor standing domestic fan, placed higher than the tank, and pointing down at the water surface is the best option. Try that first, and see how you get on. You may get increased evaporation, so will likely need to top off the tank more regularly.

Well it's worth trying a fan first then, and if a budget option is best, then a simple desk or floor standing domestic fan, placed higher than the tank, and pointing down at the water surface is the best option. Try that first, and see how you get on. You may get increased evaporation, so will likely need to top off the tank more regularly.
Will try that, do I have to left on all day or turn off at night?

Will try that, do I have to left on all day or turn off at night?

That depends on what temperature you want to get it down to? Ultimately you keep the fan on until you hit the temperature you want - a temperature controller helps if you want to automate it.

That depends on what temperature you want to get it down to? Ultimately you keep the fan on until you hit the temperature you want - a temperature controller helps if you want to automate it.
Thanks for the idea :clap:, I just ordered the controller today, hopefully it will arrived before my new dutch scape is done.

Back