• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Correct disposal of disposable bottles

CJM70

Hi what is the correct process for disposing of used CO2 bottles? I have the JBL U500 type. Do I have to exchange them when I buy replacements or will aquatic stores take them in or can I just chuck them in the bin? I suppose once opened and emptied they pose little danger.

Unless jbl have a policy for returning and its disposable esp. do not throw in bin. Take to your local authority recycling centre. If its a refillable many CO2 suppliers will replace or refill

Agreed...Local Recycling Centre is the place for these .same as they take garden waste,oil,car batteries and just about everything else under the Sun.

Great thanks guys👍👍 Didn’t want to endanger anyone. They are disposable so once opened and empty there is no pressurisation I am assuming so essentially it’s just a metal can.

The uk jbl wholesaler never wanted these back as they can't be reused so like the others say just recycle it. If you have a look at the faq on their website for the product, they just say recycle it when it's fully empty.

Back