• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cory food thats not messy?

Rasmusm

Hi all :)

I was wondering what type of cory food you are using, I'm currently using NLS pellets, they love them but I find they cloud up my water alot with alot of small particles floating around. It's to the point where I only feed cories every other day so the tank get a chance to clear up (cant stand cloudy water..) I've got a sump below the tank with 20-30-50ppi sponges and they clog up every other months it seems, wondering if its because og the pellets.

Tank is 576l and I've got 25 cories and I think 20 pygmy cories, so not too bad. Also tetras and a few dwarf cichlids.
Was thinking about diy food, but I wouldn't know which ingrediens.

What I'm seeking is a good brand pellet that is somewhat stable and don't cloud the water :)

From Rasmus
Danmark

Attachments

• 20211205_165843.jpg
    20211205_165843.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 333
Thank you, I will take a look at the bug bites :)
I also just stumpled apon repashy, seems pretty water stable. Gonna order omnivore and vegan mix for otos to try out :)

My pygmies like Vitalis catfish pellets a lot. I also use Tetra Tabimin and Repashy foods and the Vitalis pellets are the most stable of those in my opinion.

My pygmy cories love hikari algae wafers and hikari sinking loach wafers, I've never noticed either clouding the water. In fact all my fish and shrimp enjoy this food!

Thank you all :) ! I made a small test yesterday, I put a pellet in a glass of water, and let it sit for hours, I noticed how the water turned slightly cloudy and full of small micro particles. Exactly as my tank water.

Did the same test with an algae type pellet, and no clouding or particles in water, so that's interesting.

I ordered some repashy food, really looking forward to try that stuff out. Will probably order some Hikari, as you guys seem to recommend it alot :)

Last edited:
Ironically, I’ve found that soft, messy foods don’t foul my water, and my guess is that it’s more easily eaten. I feed my corys Wardley shrimp pellets. These break down rapidly, but as long as I don’t overfeed, it’s all gone. When I try a more premium shrimp pellet like Omega One, it’s so dense there’s always pellet left the next day.

I’ve found they like small granular food more than larger pellets. That’s not to say they won’t eat both.

Favourites are bug bites, tetra prima and tropical soft line. Another good one are freeze dried black worm cubes. Stick it on the glass next to the substrate and watch them go mad. It’s great for conditioning corydoras and it’s also a very clean food.

Cheers

Back