• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

#Corydora eating a earth worm.

Hi all,
Luis that is great, it always amazes me that small fish will take on a big worm. I had 2 Apistogramma fry grab a worm (intended for an adult), and they had a tug of war for several minutes before they managed to get an end off each. The portion they had was almost as big as them, but one not only managed to eat the bit it had removed, but went back to another go at the middle section.

cheers Darrel

Yeah, it is amazing to see them all in action, trying their best to get a piece of the morsel. :)

As I have a small compost box where I put all the peels of vegetables and sometimes a piece of meat, I always have a fresh supply of earth worms, and if lucky maggots, which they also like to eat.

Usually I go on the lookout for ant eggs with the kids and am also trying to have a mealworm breeding box, as small meal worms can be also fed to the fish.

It is also good to teach the kids that fish eat bugs, and that we eat fish, and that one day the bugs will eat us. :D

Back