• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Corydora Red Blotch Disease

emily

Seedling
Hello, I need some help. Woke up this morning to find my cory with nipped fins and red spots, it appeared to be perfectly fine last night. I believe this is perhaps red blotch disease and maybe fin rot? I have oth shrimp and fish in the tank but everyone else seems to be ok. Can anyone confirm this disease and offer a treatment plan? My last water change was Tuesday and I am concerned about the fish needing to be quarantined. Please, any help would be appreciated, really don't know what to do.

Attachments

• IMG_0087.jpg
    IMG_0087.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_0084 (2).jpg
    IMG_0084 (2).jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 132
If the symptoms are in one fish only watch to see if it’s being picked on by the Rummy Nose tetras (maybe happening at night when the lights are out and it’s getting caught out while sleeping), large fins are an opportunistic meal for Tetras if they are hungry, the haemorrhaging could be bruising. If the fish is being picked on then it’s immune system will be weakened due to stress and likely an opportunistic pathogen may take advantage of this.

:)

Does anyone else think it's barbels appear somewhat reduced too?
It’s definitely got a deformed/reduced snout, not sure if it’s poor genetics or part of the issue.

It looks like it’s got a bacterial infection to me. Not sure what antibiotics are available to help in the states as we can’t purchase anything like that here in the UK.

cheers

Back