• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Corydoras pygmaes quick question?

mattyc said:
I have a carpet of Hc in my tank can these fish Corydoras pygmaes go in there and what can i feed them?

Mine were never that small, so wouldn't of thought that they'd get stuck in and around HC. Although the fry might do if you get them small.

I fed them small algae wafers and they lapped it up, never seen lower level fish go for food that quick.

i will be putting a few in my nano and a few in my 60L (with the Hc) will see how they get on, i have algae wafers for my ottos and they didnt like them so i will use the ones i have!!

Thanks for your reply

Corydoras pygmaes mix well with all types of fish within reason, They just go about there stuff, They rarely each small plants like your HC unless they get real hungry. You can feed them a wide diet too, live dried flake vegies. Its a very easy fish to keep and not too fussy on water parameters either. Just caution with the males, as usual they can get grumpy with the own type, If you wanna sex them just look from above,the females will be larger and more rounded in body shape.
I hope this helped a little.

i neaver realised how small they are so i just put them in my nano tank. i dont mind if they eat my Hc i have about 8cm thick carpet now would save me time triming it!!

Thanks for the replys

Back